We are seeking part-time Temp to Hire Entry Level Billing Assistant for our Behavioral Health office.
Some of the job duties are:
- Registering the patient and verifying their insurance coverage
- Collecting the information required to create a claim
- Working directly with the insurance company to get a claim processed and paid
- Reviewing and appealing unpaid and denied claims
- Entering and reviewing data for quality control
- Managing the facility’s Accounts Receivable reports
- Be Organized
- Be Computer savvy
- Very detailed oriented
- Great communication skills
- Have the ability to mange relationships with insurance companies and insurance liaisons
- Be Flexible
- Be a team player but with the ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze information
- Be able to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees
- BHT certification and experience is preferred
Computer experience is essential, including, but not limited to: practice management software, word processing and spreadsheet applications, with a minimum of 40 wpm typing speed and 10-key by touch.
Experience in HCPCS and ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology.
High School diploma or equivalent. Experience with claims and behavioral health services are a bonus.