Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Developers, Data Science, and Product teams trust People Data Labs to power their products, fuel predictive modeling, conduct analysis, drive revenue, and more. We work with highly technical teams as their engineering-focused data partner.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Planning and Analysis Manager who will play a critical role in strategic decision making by People Data Labs' finance team. You will report directly to the VP of Finance and serve as a focal point for all finance and accounting, including planning, budgeting, forecasting, tool selection, and analysis. A successful individual will integrate with the team and become a trusted financial and strategic leader.
As our first FP&A hire, you will play a key role in the budgeting/forecasting process, business performance reporting, purchase requisitions reviews, headcount change management, operational improvements, and ad-hoc support on strategic projects. Working closely with the accounting team, this role will also take a leadership role on Quickbooks integration and configuration to ensure that all of People Data Labs' reporting and analysis needs are being met. You will also be a critical partner with the entire executive team to understand and participate in developing key company strategies and to ensure that there is consistent measurement and reporting against established financial goals and objectives.
The role requires someone who has an impact first mentality, is highly analytical, and is comfortable in ambiguity. You will thrive if you are extremely process-driven and strategic; and you have experience building processes from scratch.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Standardize and continually adapt our processes and frameworks for forecasting, budgeting and metrics tracking leveraging data from Quickbooks Online and Salesforce
- Perform analysis of P&L accounts, research expense drivers, and drive resolution of outstanding questions
- Develop inaugural reporting including KPIs and dashboards for executive management reporting
- Lead critical projects to harmonize data between our key financial systems and update configurations to meet the needs of the business
- Develop a strong and trusted partnership with key stakeholders to analyze ad hoc purchase requests and provide assistance in decision making
- Partner closely with broader Finance team on strategic initiatives that impact the organization and specific projects within the Finance team
- Develop and track CAPEX budget/forecast
- Model headcount trends to facilitate planning and expense forecasting for company
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A role
- Solid understanding of GAAP to ensure proper application to the budget and forecast process; Qualified CPA, ACCA or equivalent certification preferred
- Owned and driven an annual budgeting process and monthly forecast process for a similar or larger sized organization
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to develop insights and recommendations that synthesizes information across functions and perspectives
- Start-up experience and prior experience with a fast growing company is a plus
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, look to tackle challenging problems and are motivated to implement innovative ways to do things better
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously in a remote environment
What We Offer
Great People make great teams. It is as simple and elegant as that. We believe in building highly functional, energetic, and engaging teams to serve our customers. People, Customers, Shareholders, in that order, sets us up for success and delivering on our promises.
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health, fitness, and office stipends
- The permanent ability to work wherever and however you want
People Data Labs
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at People Data Labs