Lead Environment Artist
peoplecanfly New York, NY
- Posted: June 19, 2021
- 199 Water St, New York, NY 10038, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Technical Art
- Location: US / New York
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
People Can Fly is looking for a Lead Environment Artist. Working together with the other art leads and designers, the Lead Environment Artist is tasked with managing the environment art department as well as managing the art outsourcing pipeline. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the environment art team’s creation of visually stunning environments that both closely capture the look and artistic style of the concept art as well as meet all design and technical requirements for the game. The Lead Environment Artist will guide their team in constructing artistically groundbreaking environments that support engrossing and rich gameplay experiences.
- Experience in all aspects of the environment creation workflow: asset modeling and texturing, architectural and environment design, world layout, set dressing, lighting, optimization, and everything in between.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in developing, managing, and delivering at least two AAA projects from start to finish
- Experience in creating high quality creative/visual aesthetics that set the bar for next-generation quality standards
- Good technical knowledge of real-time lighting systems, PBR, and shaders
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high-poly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents)
- Experience managing art outsourcing clients and day to day asset approvals
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience working in Houdini is a plus
- Shader programming experience is a plus
- Shipped-title experience
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
AddressNew York, NY
RetailView all jobs at peoplecanfly