Human Resources Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Human Resources Officer
The HR Officer supports the goals and mission of the Human Resources Department and the Bank, to be the community bank of choice. This role will promote an engaged, well developed, service focused workforce. Will perform daily routines to keep human resources compliant with all employment law and banking regulations including but not limited to: payroll processing, HRIS administration, performance administration, employee relations and other special projects as needed. The successful candidate will provide exceptional customer service to our employees, display excellent interpersonal and decision making skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources, the HR Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that HR initiatives, programs and policies are communicated and implemented company wide.
- Provide support and guidance to all employees to maximize performance and employee development and engagement.
- Responsible for the processing of the complete payroll cycle, including time and attendance, employee status changes, data verification, file imports, reporting and balancing, ensuring dual controls and audit requirements are met.
- Maintains and updates payroll policies and procedures to ensure changes are incorporated to reflect system, regulatory and compliance changes are current.
- Utilizes the Payroll and HRIS systems to prepare monthly employee census report, FTE report, DOL reports and various ad hoc reports. Performs regular internal audits on payroll and benefits.
- Oversees the Performance Management process of non-exempt employees. This includes the performance maintenance on the HRIS system and working with managers and employees to ensure the Performance Management process is utilized to its fullest extent. Provide oversight on job descriptions to managers and provide training as needed.
- Partners with the Human Resources Generalist to be part of the recruiting process, attending interviews and providing feedback.
- Assists in the open enrollment process, education of benefits, enrollment verifications on the HRIS system and with vendors, ensuring all changes are properly documented.
- As directed, provides guidance to employees and Managers in regard to HR policies and practices in matters such as employee relations, performance issues and separations.
- Processes vendor billing such BCBS, Lincoln and other vendors.
- Create best practices and efficiencies for HR processes. Communicate changes effectively and follow through on the implementation of the practices.
- Works with VP of HR and other HR team members to create culture of integrity and engaged employees by developing programs and initiative’s such as Wellness, Elite Banker, Employee Appreciation Day, Day of Giving Campaign etc.
- Oversight of the FMLA and Workers Compensation and Cobra programs, including Short Term and Long Term Disability and the PFML Act. Familiar with ADA, FCRA and other HR functions.
- Exercise exceptional judgment and discretion at all times, ensuring confidentiality on HR matters.
- Community Involvement, including role in assigned organization.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field with 3+ years of experience in human resources or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAININGS OR CERTIFICATIONS
Highly Proficient in Microsoft windows, Word, Excel and Outlook. Payroll processing experience required, preferably with ADP Workforce Now.
OTHER SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality and can professionally handle situations to protect the privacy of individuals and the Bank’s proprietary information.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening skills. Able to instruct and educate employees at all levels on HR policies, procedures and benefits.
- Strong critical thinking skills, being able to apply to situations and issues for effective resolutions.
- Strong attention to detail, planning and coordination of multiple projects at one time.
- Knowledge of laws, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules as they pertain to employment.
- Ability to work independently and take lead on HR initiatives and be a successful team member.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Bilingual is a preferred skill.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Get fresh Human Resource Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.