The purpose of this position with Pental Surfaces is to oversee and maintain customer service and the operations of the facility in accordance with Company policies and procedures and to ensure that every customer receives outstanding customer service. Responsibility includes overall facility maintenance, safety program compliance, warehouse operations, inventory control, deliveries/logistics, facility expenses and sales support and day-to-day supervision of assigned personnel.
Architectural Surfaces Group (ASG), parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble and Pental Surfaces, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in over twenty locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
- Ensure Company safety program compliance including training new and existing employees in standard operating procedures and proper safety methods.
- Ensure proper maintenance of facility, equipment, and tools, to Company standards and OSHA compliance (forklifts, clamps, rigging, A-frames, etc.)
- Ensure warehouse and inventory are organized and maintained to Company standards
- Work cohesively with sales department to maximize the efficiency of personnel, company owned trucks and deliveries.
- Ensure delivery schedules meet the needs of both internal and external customers
- Coordinate and maintain transfers between locations.
- Maintain feasible routes for all trucks to ensure timely delivery of product to customers.
- Ensure proper documentation of all material claims and damage.
- Ensure accurate and timely customer order processing and completion
- Ensure all customer, supplier, and vendor interaction meets Company standards
- Ensure personnel are appropriately trained and effectively using Stone Profits System as required.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory management
- Ensure appropriate communications on container unloading and inventory levels
- Ensure container updates occur as required
- Ensure constant contact updates of all new material arrivals
- Ensure inventory is organized in all customer display areas
- Perform inventory audits and cycle counts
- Ensure Fleet Operations are compliant with Company policy and government regulations including FMCSA and DOT
- Complete and approve payroll documentation for warehouse personnel and drivers.
- Manage overtime expenses for hourly employees.
- Conduct regular operations and safety meetings as needed.
- Liaise with counterparts and key personnel within Company
- First time right with orders placed from customers
- Exhausting every avenue to provide customer with the product they are looking for
- Maintaining the Company Gold Safety Standard on a monthly basis
- Oversee scheduling of warehouse personnel and drivers and showroom personnel
- Assist customers in showroom
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge on DOT and OSHA regulations and FMCSA
- Working knowledge of marble/granite industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates
- Direct Supervision of Operations personnel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with minimum three years’ previous operations management experience including scheduling and real-time operations management.
- Experience in a production or warehouse/operations environment
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Experience with MS Office; proficient in Excel and Word
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive hourly rate; commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401k and match, paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal time. Very competitive medical rates, generous Company contribution.
- Opportunities for advancement