Penta Research Huntsville, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Strategic Marketing/Communications Specialist
Active Secret clearance preferred
Job Description & Position Responsibilities:
The Strategic Marketing/Communications Specialist should be a creative thinker who operates on the
cutting edge, by solving problems through innovative technology solutions. Candidate will support the
Army’s Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technology Office (RCCTO) with strategy, digital design,
marketing, and platform development. Candidate will play a vital role in assisting the Army’s
modernization priorities that maximize Soldiers’ capabilities to deploy, fight, and win on future
Candidate will provide direct assistance to the Strategic Communications office and RCCTO Senior
Leaders through informing, administering, and coordinating all aspects of marketing functions, strategies,
objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for implementing marketing strategies and campaigns to fulfill
objectives to include organizational branding. Coordinate the marketing function to enable execution of
strategies in demographic groups and products. Coordinate, monitor, and brief Senior Leaders on the
performance of marketing activities key metrics against goals and objectives. Candidate will be a part of
a highly collaborative team working in a fast paced environment. This candidate and team will develop
and deliver compelling strategic messaging to a wide range of audiences through innovative products.
This information will inform the public and key Department of Defense (DoD) stakeholders on current
and future history making combat capabilities.
As a member of the Strategic Communications team, the candidate will be responsible for communicating
information through verbal, written, and electronic media to convey key strategic messages for the
organization. These responsibilities will also include: coordinating, planning, and executing strategic
engagements, and developing written materials and verbal presentations bulletins, pamphlets, Industry
Papers (IPs) talking points, etc) to prepare senior leaders for strategic engagements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related communications field such as marketing, journalism, or public affairs; two years of experience may be substituted for one year of education requirements.
- 3+ years of related experience in Public Relations/Marketing/Advertising/Strategic Communications
- Experience executing brand image of the organization
- Experience executing the creation, issuance, and delivery of marketing materials across multiple platforms – websites, social media sites, displays, advertising, and promotional campaigns
- Experience in facilitating and executing tradeshows, booths, and exhibits
- Advanced skills in high-end graphics, multi-media, and video production software and tools
- Advanced knowledge in web interfaces and other digital marketing assets
- Demonstrated experience writing, editing, and proofreading publicly releasable articles consistent with AP style
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and editing written correspondence, talking points, white papers, IPs, ensuring proper use of English grammar, spelling and punctuation for Senior Leaders using active voice
- Experience in arranging and conducting interviews for publication to include media press releases; to include prepping Senior Leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Excellent verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and positive attitude in the face of challenges and ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize important, competing tasks and information
- Accountability for results and deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative on customer support
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Self-starter that needs little direction/guidance on what next steps are required with projects and demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Travel: 10-20%
- Must have a current driver's license
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance and maintain during employment
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Familiarity with military public affairs, marketing and/or military strategic communications
- Experience in supporting DoD organizations in a marketing capacity
- Current active DoD Secret clearance is preferred
- Position location: Huntsville, AL. Up to 10-20% travel is expected for this position.
BusinessView all jobs at Penta Research