Drive Like a Champion! Earn up to $55,000 per year!
Excellent Benefit Package including Savings Retirement Plan
We will pay for COBRA to receive benefits on day one!
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Mostly Monday through Friday routes
1 year of tractor trailer experience
Drive New 2020 Equipment
UNLIMITED DRIVER REFERRAL BONUSES
Route/Activity - Safe, professional, yard driver responsible for backing and moving trailers.
Schedule - 3 p.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and every other Sunday.
Equipment - Ottawa yard mule.
Compensation - $20 per hour and incentives such as delay pay, 6 paid holidays, paid training, and $2,500 Annual Safety Bonus. Drivers are paid weekly.
Join the Penske Logistics Team for: Excellent pay and benefits. Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support. Dedicated accounts. Great supervisors. Paid time off. 401K. Cash balance pension plan. Training. Tuition Reimbursement. Unlimited career potential.
- Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
- Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
- Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
The following Connecticut and Massachusetts cities are a close commute to this location: Amston, Westchester, Hebron, Yalesville, Winstead, Harwinton, Higganum, Columbia, Longmeadow, Thomaston, North Granby, Durham, Wolcott, Conantville, Ellithorpe, Willimantic, Upper Hill, Watertown, Brightwood, Springfield Hill, Caffeeville, Goodspeeds Landing, Merrick, Riverdale, Mount Parnassus, Johnson Park, Town Plot Hill, Tylerville, West Hartford, Wethersfield, East Harford, Newington, New Britain, Vernon, Windsor Locks, Cromwell, Portland, Middletown, Ellington, Bristol, East Hampton, Meriden, Tolland, East Killingly, Charlton, Lime Rock, Groton, Florence, Southfield, Washington, Salisbury, Gales Ferry, Westhampton, Charlton City, Roxbury, Hadley, Newtown, Belchertown, Bridgeport, Oxford, Spencer
- At least 23 years of age
- CDL Class A license required; "H" (Hazmat) endorsement required
- 1 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years or 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years.
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Reliable and customer oriented
- Safety oriented
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com at http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 300 Shaker Rd Enfield, CT 06082
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Enfield
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 1912201