Vehicle Planning Analyst
Penske Reading, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vehicle Planning Analyst
Strategic Analyst supporting Vehicle Planning & Supply departments with recurring analysis, trend reporting, and critical process administration. This position supports a wide range of fleet planning activities including vehicle procurement, strategic transfers, disposal programs, telematics activation management, rental decal procurement, and residual value analysis and administration. Requires timely communication of key fleet management data to support process leaders throughout the organization.
- Compile data and manage telematics activation status to ensure operational standards and regulatory requirements are current for effected vehicles
- Monitor vehicle transitions within the fleet and work with the respective telematics service providers to complete necessary status updates
- Reconcile telematics service billing and take action to address any and all inaccuracies
- Maintain database programs to house the most up to date, accurate, and competitive residual values
- Research, analyze, and work with management to respond timely to inquiries for unestablished residual values
- Developing analytical look-forward processes to ensure our fleet of Lease, Commercial, and Consumer Rental trucks, tractors, and trailers are depreciating toward no-risk disposal
- Conduct strategic analysis and report out fleet statistics to support field operations and corporate leadership
- Conduct multi-year look-forward analysis to predict forthcoming disposals and new equipment buys
- Disposal/redeployment analysis and reporting to support FSL renewal and Rental fleet planning processes
- Ensure early renewals/extensions are properly and profitably accounted for and rated accordingly
- Validate acquisition value and administer the payment approval process for the purchase of used vehicles to support the Purchase Leaseback and Sell2Lease programs
- Other projects, analysis, and reporting as assigned by a supervisor to support company level fleet management and the development / maintenance of residual value standards
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred
- 4-5 years of experience conducting research, working with complex datasets, and performing analysis
- Ability to accurately compile data, perform analysis, summarize the results and communicate timely recommendations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, AS400, or related systems required
- Experience with SQL language for data extraction preferred
- Solid understanding of common commercial truck categories, components, and specifications preferred
- Direct working experience or a solid understanding of the used truck market
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with all levels of field operators and corporate peers
- Team player with the ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and multitasking
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Penske