Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. This position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today. We are committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more about our company approach on our main company career page Gopenske.com.
Shift time is 08h00 - 17h00
Penske Logistics is passionate about people, and currently has an opening for a Customer Service Associate in Valcourt QC. Apply your solid communication and problem solving skills to respond to requests, problems, and special needs, which can extend to our global customer base. As a key player supporting our supply chain network, this position monitors part inventory levels and delivery schedules to assure timely delivery of materials and products to our customer locations, and manages time sensitive information to ensure data accuracy in the customer's and/or Penske's inventory systems.
• Various office and administrative duties, which may include handling shipping documents, office supplies, maintaining database and miscellaneous reporting
• Liaison for internal customer support
• Data entry and record processing in variety of WMS and MRP systems.
• Provides direction when discrepancies are found
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments
• Communicate with associates from other shifts
• Complete daily logs
• Work with customer to resolve stock shortages
• Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
• Track shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met.
• Work with suppliers to correct part/shipment issues
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Must be bilingual
- College Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Two (2) plus years of experience in Transportation/Supply Chain preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske associates
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer systems across different platforms
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
- Shift may vary based on customer operations
- Complete Penske employment application and submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education)
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Key Words: Materials; Inventory levels; Customer Service