Penske Logistics is Hiring Local CDL-A Drivers
Home Daily - Average up to $80k Annually + $5k Sign On Bonus
Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world’s best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, food service, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
- Home Daily for most positions
- 24/7 roadside support
- Superior trucks
- Excellent Benefits
- Cash balance pension plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unlimited career potential
- Route/Activity – Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers. Routes are on average 10 stops a night. Approx. 200-300 miles a night. Driver helper is assigned to all routes. Items up to 60 LBS. Deliver into customer stores.
- Shift – Operation is 24/7 so you must be flexible and be able to work a rotating schedule with varying days. Typically you will have 2 consecutive days off.
- Equipment – 48’ Tri Temperature Refrigerated trailers. Rear and side lift gates. TA Day Cabs.
- Compensation –Activity Base Pay average $80K a year. potential.
- Mileage & Stop Pay:
- $.525 cents per mile
- $18.50 paid stops
- $19.63 paid delay time per hour
- Monthly performance bonuses (up to $2400 per year)
- Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
- Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
- Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
- At least 23 years of age
- CDL Class A license required
- 1 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Route Delivery Experience Preferred
- Reliable and customer oriented
- Safety oriented
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Move your Career Forward with Penske Logistics, Apply Now!
*This application is a submission of interest and is the first step of the hiring process, to be considered for this position please complete Penske's full application in the link that follows.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.