Mercedes-Benz of Marin is looking for an experienced Shipping & Receiving team member to be a part of "the best or nothing." This position requires a significant amount of interaction with internal clients, so the ideal candidate will possess great guest service skills, but also be able to provide technical support. If you are interested in joining our team, we are interested in hearing from you.
The Shipping and Receiving clerk is responsible for the shipment and the receiving of goods and supplies of the Parts department. We are looking for someone who is extremely detail-oriented and friendly to represent our dealership
- Counts, weighs, or measures items in incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records.
- Unloads or unpacks incoming shipments or arranges, packs, or prepares materials and products for display, distribution, outgoing shipment, or storage.
- Fills orders for products, following order tickets, and forwards or mails items.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Replenishes assigned inventory.
- Works with the parts runners to ensure tires are stocked properly.
- Helps management scrap warranty recovery parts.
- Pulls and delivers parts to the technicians when necessary.
- Picks up parts from other dealers and vendors when necessary.
- Helps the inventory control clerk with 7% return, bin checks, etc.
- Helps the Service Department move cars when necessary.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by management.
- Keeps counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Assists in all other areas of the parts department, as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual should possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of six (6) months shipping and receiving experience, preferably in a parts department;
- Knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application;
- Ability to pay attention to detail; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; and use standard office equipment;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will be required to:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Frequently bend, stretch, twist, or reach with their body, arms, and/or legs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs.
- Exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects and use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team!
We firmly believe in transparency with everything we do, and we firmly believe in being a TEAM - our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to pave your success.
Our team members also enjoy:
- A clear career path with growth potential
- Amazing work environment, with a lot of support to help succeed
- Top compensation package
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Team Member Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Columbia Sportswear and many others
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program
- Training Opportunities
Mercedes-Benz of Marin, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day; and we are proud to be one of the few luxury auto dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area that remains family-owned and operated to this day. Over the years, we've been happy to employ, serve, and be a part of the communities like San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Walnut Creek, Fairfield, and many more. Adapting and providing superior guest service has made Mercedes-Benz of Marin the winner of the Mercedes-Benz best of the best award since 2012.