Penske Logistics is Hiring Local Company Drivers
Home Daily - Earn $65,000+ first year - No Touch Freight
Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world’s best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
- Earn $65,000+ first year
- Home daily
- Excellent benefit package including savings retirement plan
- We can help you cover COBRA to receive benefits on day 1
- $100 weekend bonus for working BOTH Saturday and Sunday
- Quarterly safety bonus (up to $2,250 annually)
- Unlimited driver referral bonuses
- Route/Activity –Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to grocery stores. Multiple routes available. Some drivers go from Fredericksburg, VA to Pottsville, PA to pick up the freight and return to Fredericksburg PTL. There the final mile driver takes the load and delivers it to the store in Raleigh, NC and returns back to Fredericksburg PTL. Some driver assist unload may be required (drivers are expected to be present during the off loading process to verify the right product is being delivered). Uniforms will be provided.
- Shift – 4 or 5 day work weeks across 7 days. AM and PM start times available. Average 44 hours per week.
- Equipment – 2019-2020 Freightliner Cascadias with 53' Reefer Trailers
- Compensation – Activity Base Pay ($0.50 CPM; $18 per stop, $18 delay pay after 30 minutes, drop and hook $18 when line haul in Pottsville picked up). Drivers are paid weekly.
- Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route
- Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery
- At least 23 years of age
- CDL Class A license required
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years or 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Reliable and customer oriented
- Safety oriented
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required
Move your Career Forward with Penske Logistics, Apply Now!
*This application is a submission of interest and is the first step of the hiring process, to be considered for this position please complete Penske's full application in the link that follows.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.