Pennybyrn is searching for Nursing Assistants with previous healthcare experience, but without a current CNA certification. This position is perfect for those whose certification has lapsed, are waiting to take the state exam, currently in a Nurse Aide course or Nursing program, EMTs, or Military vets with medical training. The state of NC will allow this position to temporarily complete the duties of a Certified Nursing Assistant for 4 months, and then the candidate must be eligible to pass the Nurse Aide I exam to continue working. This temporary waiver is in effect due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consider joining our innovative, inclusive, and compassionate life-enriching community! Shifts available are PRN status: 1st (7a-3p), 2nd (3p-11p), and 3rd (11p-7a).
Pennybyrn's mission is powerful, yet simple. We are committed to demonstrating God's love to the lives we touch. Our team strives to provide a spirit of service and culture of care to our residents and each other every day.
Responsibilities of a Nurse Assistant:
- Provide medical and physical care of daily needs for residents.
- Function as the resident's closest advocate in the household.
- Build relationships and celebrate life!
- Keep the household clean and take care of resident's personal laundry.
Why work with Pennybyrn?
We are a resident-centered retirement community with a team-driven culture that is truly engaging and unique! Located in High Point, NC, our community consists of Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Healthcare Households, with Transitional Rehab and Memory Support. Candidates who enjoy working with the Senior population and strive to inspire extraordinary living will love becoming a part of our community!
What sets us apart?
We strive to create and maintain an outstanding working environment for our team that includes a rich benefit package:
* PTO (Paid Time off) eligibility for all employees
* Excellent Medical insurance at a low cost
* Free Dental insurance
* Retirement Plan (401k) eligibility for all employees
* Free Fitness Center membership on-campus
* Discounted delicious meals, barber/beauty shop, and massage therapist services
* Acres of beautiful landscaping and walking trails
* Faith-based and mission-drive with a rich and vibrant Irish history since 1947
* A true, team spirit and belief in making a difference together!
Previous Senior adult care experience and/or training preferred
Ability to read, write, follow oral instructions, and report progress
High school graduate or GED preferred, but not required
Understanding, patience, and tact in serving the chronically ill.
Are you the right candidate? Do you have:
- A positive attitude!
- Detail oriented
- Great documentation skills
- Flexible, easily adapts to changes in schedule/routine
- Current CNA certification in NC (or working to receive within 90 days)
- Previous long-term care experience
- Understanding, patience, tact in dealing with the chronically ill.