Marketing Director- Woodland Mall
Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust Grand Rapids, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k
The Marketing Director serves as a leader and key member of the mall management team. The primary responsibility of the Marketing Director is to enhance the fashion brand, maximize the traffic and sales potential, contribute to increasing the value of the shopping center, while maintaining the owner’s strategic perspective of the entire project. This includes, but is not limited to: strategic planning, budget management, tenant relations, business to business partnerships (sponsorships), advertising and promotions, tourism, media, and community relations.
The MARKETING DIRECTOR will:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the performance of an annual strategic marketing plan and budget in accordance with company guidelines. The strategic marketing plan may include, but not be limited to digital marketing, public relations, advertising, special events and entertainment, in-center marketing, visual merchandising, décor, sales promotions, and customer experience.
- Build into all marketing programs measurable objectives that meet target income goals and enhance marketing’s contribution to property NOI. Be responsible for efficient management and flawless execution of corporate-developed marketing initiatives.
- Utilize market research to enhance, develop and implement marketing strategies to develop short and long term vision for the property.
- Review and analyze overall property, merchandise category, and retailer sales performance on a monthly and seasonal basis in comparison to national results and consumer trends.
- Work with Regional Marketing Director and EVP, Strategy and Communications to successfully implement strategic property reviews, market research and other large-scale programs (i.e. décor purchase, redevelopment, etc.)
- Serve as primary contact for event operations, working closely with management team members who provide support in coordination and implementation.
- Research and recommend appropriate events for center participation and sponsorship.
- Support on-site partnership marketing programs including developing sales leads, logistics, implementation and proof of performance.
Public Relations and Communications
- Collaborate with PR firm to establish and maintain positive media relations in order to maximize positive publicity for the property and its tenants. Coordinate, monitor and measure media coverage of the property relating to marketing activities and retail/fashion direction. Manage production of timely, interesting and relevant press releases and follow-up with the media. Support the General Manager in maintaining positive relations with the media on all issues.
- Establish and foster relationships within the community that help fulfill company and property goals. Network professionally with community leaders and institutions. Attend local community meetings and events
- Develop and implement community events and programs that support community activities and make center an integral part of trade area and community resource.
- Design, deliver and manage social media programs to grow property presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other similar community sites.
- Engage customers by ensuring timely and appropriate responses, posting on relevant blogs and seeding content into social applications.
- Monitor the impact of social media programs and report on effectiveness of campaigns in order to make adjustments for maximum results.
- Maintain mall website. Update, write and collect information for: special events, store name/phone number changes, job opportunities, etc.
- Implement plan to increase website visits and e-database sign ups; manage effective email distribution program.
Visual Merchandising Coordination
- Oversee holiday décor installation, teardown, and refurbishment needs and property visual merchandising throughout the year to maximize ambience and ensure compliance with PREIT’s C.O.R.E. standards.
- Implement programs to create a compelling environment by activating common areas and displaying tenants merchandise in display space or vacant store windows.
- Oversee implementation of seasonal photo operation (Easter Bunny and Santa Claus), including monitoring daily operations and developing programs to increase photo sales productivity.
Business to Business
- Establish and maintain positive relations with tenants in order to maximize store productivity and success through retail focused programs consistent with the Marketing Plan strategies. Including, but not limited to, consulting with and advising tenants, leading tenant meetings as necessary and encouraging tenant participation in cross promotional and center-wide programs.
- Partner and support leasing in order to identify target retailers that influence the property’s income, sales, and occupancy, provide information and resources that shape merchandising at the property, participate in site visits with prospective tenants as requested and provide information on traffic, trade area and shopper profile.
Mall Team Support
- Serve as a leader within the mall management team. Educate, communicate and mentor at all levels to exceed company goals. Demonstrate respect and leadership, while being a strong team member.
- Develop a crisis management plan for the property, along with General Manager, and effectively communicate the plan at all levels to ensure preparedness.
- Partner with Management Team to execute a consistently high level of service to enhance the shopping experience for our guests.
Qualified Applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Advertising, PR or related field (Will also consider a balance of experience and education)
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience required with working knowledge of strategic planning, marketing, advertising, and public relations.
- Fashion Merchandising and/or Retail Management Experience is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership experience, specifically during stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task with strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills as well as a high aptitude for managing finances.
- Solid negotiation and sales skills.
- Proficient with computer applications, including Microsoft Office & PowerPoint
- Experience with digital marketing, including website management and social media for business sites.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, especially during holiday seasons.
Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment TrustWhy Work Here?
Over 350 employees strong, working tirelessly to create compelling retail environments and to enhance the communities we serve.
PREIT owns and operates over 22.5 million sf of retail space with a concentration in two top 10 MSAs. Since 2012, the company has driven a transformation guided by an emphasis on a high-quality portfolio, balance sheet strength, operational improvements and disciplined capital expenditures.
AddressGrand Rapids, MI