PA Adult and Teen Challenge has a job opening for a Drug and Alcohol Counselor for our women's program.
PA Adult and Teen Challenge Philadelphia campus offers a Christian, adult, long-term, residential program in addition to short term state-licensed clinical programming.
*This position includes mandatory night/weekend hours
The Counselor will be responsible for:
- Individual therapy provision for caseload
- Facilitation of process and psycho-educational group counseling sessions
- Networking with various client systems including families, court members, probation officers, and social service representatives.
- Mandatory night/weekend hours
- Compliance with DDAP documentation requirements.
- Master's Degree preferred with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field plus 1-2 years experience acceptable
- Preferable experience in counseling adults with chemical addiction
- Must be able to work nights/weekends.
- Preferred- fluent in Spanish and easily interpret for clientele.
- 2 years sobriety from any previous chemical dependency if applicable
- Ability to provide Christian mentoring to women from various backgrounds who are currently enrolled in a recovery program for chemical addiction.
- Must be comfortable with the Christian morals and values of the organization
PAATC is an "equal opportunity employer" and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the bases of race, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
PAATC is a parachurch organization, meaning we are a ministry that is supported by the church. Our mission is Christian in nature and we work closely with churches from a variety of denominations. The organization recognizes that employees may hold a wide range of personal beliefs, values and commitments, however the ideal candidate for employment should have an understanding and appreciation for the mission of Teen Challenge.