PA Adult and Teen Challenge has a full-time job opening with benefits for a Medical Biller at the Lancaster Naaman Center location.
Our organization offers both a Christian faith-based, adult, long term program and state licensed clinical short term,detox snd outpatient programming for individuals struggling with addiction. We are looking for a Medical Biller to work in our Finance department.
The Medical Biller:
- Prepares all funder's invoices via the billing wizard system, paper claims, spreadsheets and other applicable websites for Inpatient care.
- Prepares self-pay patients' statements monthly.
- Follow up calls on outstanding self-pay patient's account.
- Receives funders and patient's payments and post in the billing system.
- Follow up calls to funders for denied or short paid claims.
- Review of return self-pay statements via mail.
- Reviews funder remittances for claim denial and pursues corrections and necessary appeals in conjunction with the medical, couseling and/or admissions staff.
- Maintains patient information, funders' remittances in a locked filing cabinet.
- Will communicate with the Billing Supervisor of any self-pay or funder refunds.
- Transfer of patients credits on their accounts.
- Computer skills: To perform job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Navinet and other billing software
- Excellent documentation skills and familiarity with Microsoft office software
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with a variety of personality types
- Skilled in multi-tasking and working well under pressure
- Appreciation for the Christian mission and values of the organization
- A minimum 1 year experience required.
PAATC is an "equal opportunity employer" and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the bases of race, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
PAATC is a parachurch organization, meaning we are supported by the church. Our mission is Christian in nature and we work closely with churches from a variety of denominations. The organization recognizes that employees may hold a wide range of personal beliefs, values and commitments, however the ideal candidate for employment should have an understanding and appreciation for the mission of Teen Challenge.