PA Adult and Teen Challenge has a full-time job opening with benefits for a Drug and Alcohol Counselor for our men's program.
PA Adult and Teen Challenge Rehrersburg campus offers a Christian, adult, long-term, residential program in addition to detox and short term state-licensed programming for men struggling with chemical addiction. We are looking for a counselor to work within our clinical short term program.
The Counselor will be responsible for:
- Weekly individual therapy provision for a caseload of 8 clients.
- Facilitation of process and psychoeducational group counseling sessions on a weekly basis as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Networking with various client systems including families, court members, probation officers, and social service representatives.
- Excellent documentation of services as required by program guidelines and the various auditing bodies.
- Participation in weekly treatment team meetings.
- Independently completing assignments in a timely manner while also actively engaging with treatment team members in order to best meet program goals.
- Compliance with DDAP documentation requirements.
- Master's Degree with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, or related field. Certification as an addictions counselor will also be considered.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in a health or human service agency.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience in counseling adults with chemical addiction.
- Candidates must be familiar with CBT and DBT models.
- Must be willing to rotate one weekend shift out of every four.
- 2 years sobriety from any previous chemical dependency.
- Must be available to interview at Rehrersburg, Pa office.
- Excellent documentation skills and familiarity with Microsoft office software.
- Skilled in multi-tasking and working well under pressure.
- Must have a passion and appreciation for the Christian mission of PAATC.
- Ability to mentor men from various backgrounds who are currently enrolled in a recovery program for chemical addiction..
PAATC is an "equal opportunity employer" and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the bases of race, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
PAATC is a parachurch organization, meaning we are a ministry that is supported by the church. Our mission is Christian in nature and we work closely with churches from a variety of denominations. The organization recognizes that employees may hold a wide range of personal beliefs, values and commitments, however the ideal candidate for employment should have an understanding and appreciation for the mission of Teen Challenge.