PA Adult and Teen Challenge has a full-time job opening with benefits for an Accounts Payable Associate.
PAATC is a ministry that offers both a long term faith-based, adult, residential program and a new short term clinical state-licensed treatment program for men and women struggling with chemical addiction.
We are looking for an Accounting Associate who will report to the Finance Department.
The Accounts Payable Associate will:
- Match signed purchase orders with appropriate vendor invoice(s) and code with the appropriate GL account(s) and department.
- Verify that all purchases are approved by the appropriate Director according to current expense management procedures.
- Data entry of invoices into the accounting software as received.
- Process vendor payment checks weekly (or as needed) as authorized by the Director of Finance.
- Match vendor payment checks with any accompanying statements or paperwork and place in the mail.
- Assemble check payment stubs with matching purchase order and invoice, and file in current year filing cabinet.
- May prepare journal entries to enter accounting software.
- Complete posting of all vendor invoices in a timely manner at month-end as directed by the Staff Accountant (A/P).
- Reviews vendor monthly statements as received and resolves any discrepancies.
- Will work the student bank.
- Assists with month end closings, the year-end audit process, and other audits, as assigned.
Skills, qualities and experience required for the position:
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to organize and track projects and tasks, to maintain time schedules, and to maintain attention to detail while managing multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and 2-3 years’ experience working in accountants payable, and/or Associates degree and one-year experience.
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Christian mission of Teen Challenge
PAATC is an "equal opportunity employer" and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the bases of race, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
PAATC is a parachurch organization, meaning we are supported by the church. Our mission is Christian in nature and we work closely with churches from a variety of denominations. The organization recognizes that employees may hold a wide range of personal beliefs, values and commitments, however the ideal candidate for employment should have an understanding and appreciation for the mission of PAATC.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour depending on experience