High School English Instructor
Penn Foster Scranton, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Penn Foster High School is looking for an enthusiastic full-time High School English Instructor to provide academic support to our students. Our instructors assist students in meeting established learning objectives, as well as their own personal educational goals. The instructor will interact with students via phone, email, live chat, and text. They will also support student learning by holding regular virtual office hours, scheduled student appointments, and conducting webinars. They will also work with other members of the high school team, as well as others in the company on projects and initiatives to support and improve overall learning outcomes.This is a year-round position and can be fully remote. Penn Foster will supply the equipment needed for this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide academic support to students via phone, email, live chat, text, office hours, and appointments.
- Create and present videos and online lectures and incorporate new technology in courses.
- Provide substantive feedback on subjective exams.
- Complete administrative tasks as needed. These can include composing letters, monitoring spreadsheets
- Review program and course-level data to determine students’ needs and drive outreach, retention, and progression initiatives.
- Review, evaluate, and suggest lesson, course, or program changes to ensure compliance with various established standards, guidelines, and practices.
- Participate in course design, development, and revision as needed.
- Support accreditation, including but not limited to DEAC and SARA.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English.
- State issued teaching certification.
- Access to reliable high-speed internet.
- Excellent computer skills, and willingness to learn new systems.
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with online learning and instructional design
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of business education
- Excellent grasp of how technology can be applied to new methods of instruction
- Strong communicator and ability to work on/with a team of teachers
- Compassion for students learning at a distance who have many competing priorities.
- Desire to motivate students and coworkers to promote academic success
- Experience working with at-risk students.
- Ability to think quickly and communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment or customer service.
- Previous experience with private, for-profit high school and/or postsecondary education.
- Previous experience as an online instructor and/or education services manager
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
Powered by JazzHR
EducationView all jobs at Penn Foster