Gunsmith Adjunct Instructor (IC)
Penn Foster Peachtree Corners, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Gunsmith Adjunct Independent Contractor is responsible for providing instructional support through constructive, focused feedback to ensure students meet the established learning objectives. The primary function of the Gunsmith adjunct is to evaluate and grade subjective assignments/projects to assist students in achieving their educational goals. In addition, the adjunct will be responsible for answering emails for students and assisting with program related questions that include, but are not limited to Gunsmith and other programs that fall under the Skilled Trades vertical. The adjunct will also be responsible for grading and answering questions for Penn Foster and Ashworth College.
This is a fully remote position with flexible hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Objectively and accurately evaluate student assignments and projects.
- Provide clear and effective feedback to students.
- Respond to all emails within 24 hours (weekdays) and 48 hours (weekends).
- Grade all assignments within the 5 day turnaround time frame.
- Complete the necessary steps to ensure that grades are properly recorded with the school.
- Correspond with students as may be required by the exam evaluation.
- Adjuncts may provide input to instructional staff regarding areas of student difficulty.
- Adjuncts may be asked to develop grading rubrics as directed by the instructional staff.
- Participate in special grading projects which may be required by the instructional staff.
- Occasionally assist with grading for our other colleges on an “as needed” basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Must possess a degree or certification in Gunsmithing or closely related field. An Associate Degree is preferred. Federal Firearms License required. Prior gunsmith experience is also required. Prior teaching experience in an online learning environment preferred.
Must have excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently, think critically, communicate effectively and efficiently, multitask, and enjoy being part of a team.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressPeachtree Corners, GA
EducationView all jobs at Penn Foster