Rate/Billing Clerk (Swing shift)
Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc. Portland, OR
- Expired: May 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Billing Specialist / Rater
Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc. is a Pacific Northwest regional LTL carrier operating in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Founded in 1951, our organization has established an outstanding reputation for quality services and credit for this goes to every one of our employees. We are a progressive company with the old-fashioned values of honesty, respect, and appreciation. We believe the people who work at Peninsula are the reason for our success. Excellence in Every Transaction is our vision.
We are looking to fill a key position in our billing/rating department. This position will require, but not limited to, data entry into the Peninsula operating system, production rating, night close-out process understanding, and other general duties as assigned. Accuracy is crucial to ensure shipments are delivered to the correct location, on time, and with complete information. The chosen candidate must have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision in a high-speed production environment. This is a full-time Mon- Fri, swing shift, starting at 2:30 pm to completion.
- Excellent data entry skills: typing at 60+ wpm
- Ability to read and interpret directions
- Ability to handle high speed production billing/rating environment
- Working knowledge of mainframe and MS Office PC based programs
- Experience with both automated and manual freight bill processing procedures.
- Must be able to work swing shift
- Rating familiarity including NMFC system, applicable tariffs, and interline divisions (RMB-D83 splits) is a plus
- Employer sponsored medical insurance for employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k retirement plan
- Short-term disability
- Company paid life insurance
Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc.