Human Resources Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Our company specializes in manufacturing re-usable plastic packaging and is a leader in the thermoforming industry. We are currently looking for a motivated individual to join our team as our Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager provides senior-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s HR operations. The HR Manager is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating the legally compliant HR policies, procedures, best practices, while identifying and implementing long-term strategic talent initiatives.
Reports to: President
Direct Reports: N/A
- Responsible for all the human capital in two facilities (Pontiac and Auburn Hills).
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals for talent management strategies
- Identifies KPIs for the organizations HR and talent management functions and ensures the company can meet such metrics.
- Works with various vendors to achieve desirable price points for benefits, staffing agencies, safety supplies, etc.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, safety, laws, and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, HR, and talent management.
- Administer benefits programs.
- Identify staffing needs to make recommendations and plans to senior management to fill talent gaps.
- Responsible for full cycle recruiting of all positions.
- Management of HRIS (ADP).
- Updating employee handbook and company policies.
- Organize company team building and events.
- Develop, update, and maintain all job descriptions and training matrices within the organization.
- Manage and measure employee engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with ADP/Workforce Now preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or other related certification required.
- At least 5 years of HR experience.
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business Administration, or other related field required.
- Must be available by phone during off shifts, and on weekends. Some night and weekend work may be required on an as needed basis.
- Starting Pay: $75,000-$90,000
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance after 90 days
Peninsula Plastics is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Peninsula Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Peninsula PlasticsWhy Work Here?
We have a team environment that encourages growth among our employees. We have competitive starting wages and great benefits after 90 days.
Peninsula Plastics is a custom-engineered thermoforming company specializing in plastic pallets, industrial packaging, and other thermoformed products. We custom design and manufacture returnable and recyclable shipping pallets, trays, and lids that will accommodate any product regardless of shape or size, primarily for the automotive industry. We are an approved OEM supplier of production parts, and we have all certifications to support our commitment with Quality, Service, and Environment. WE ARE A CERTIFIED GREEN INDUSTRY MANUFACTURER. Peninsula Plastics is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application! Peninsula Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
2800 Auburn Ct.Pontiac, MI