DIRECTOR FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Peninsula Covenant Church Redwood City, CA
- Expired: July 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVEThe Director for Community Outreach (DCO) is PCC’s primary contact point for partnerships and investment in the local community. This person will assess the current status of service and engagement via PCC’s School Age Childcare (SACC), Preschool, the Missions Department and other PCC community-focused investments, and will strategize for initiatives that harness the current investments collectively. This person will work with the Lead Team to develop and implement initiatives to engage PCC members in intentional, relational, and meaningful ways. This person will provide visionary leadership to seek opportunities to grow and expand the programs while retaining excellence in program and faith-based community support.
The DCO must be a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven follower of Jesus to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude, is energetic, and a readiness to be a team player.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The DCO will oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the mission of the organization.
- Assess the current community outreach programs to better discern the specific community (families) being served
- Strategize for holistic, intentional approaches to serve the local community
- Work with Missions Director to nurture new and current relationships with collaborative partners
- Develop and maintain relationships with local city, county and school partners to ascertain and partner for specific needs
- Prepare and manage an annual Community budget as well as oversee the development of the missions, SACC and Preschool budgets.
- Manage Community Outreach team (Missions, SACC, Preschool) for focused and integrated outreach and relational ministry and discipleship opportunities with the community.
- Manage each direct report for effective, thriving management of the SACC, Preschool and Missions departments.
- Co-organize PCC events (with Pastor for Mobilization) for all-PCC relational participation.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS Within PCC:
- Reports to the PCC Executive Pastor.
- Manages the Site Director of School Age Child Care (SACC), the Site Director of the Preschool, and the Missions Director.
- Serves on Lead Team
- Collaborates with City and County officials
- Collaborates with current and potential non-profit partners
Maintains a healthy personal relationship with Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Community Development/Engagement; Sociology)
- At least 3+ years supervisory and/or management experience (adults and/or volunteers).
- Experience in developing and implementing an annual plan and effectively executing at a tactical level.
- Ability to provide visionary leadership to inspire collaboration and participation
- Has a mindset of innovation and excellence, thinks creatively, is able to see information in new ways, and easily adapts to change initiatives.
- Embraces ability to affect positive change, sees the big picture, and thinks strategically.
- Excels at delegating and empowering others toward meeting goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a changing environment, is flexible, adaptable and not easily deterred from achieving key objectives.
- Familiarity with local community
- Ability to easily maneuver throughout the campus complex
- Public speaking
Peninsula Covenant Church
AddressRedwood City, CA
GovernmentView all jobs at Peninsula Covenant Church