Peninsula Community Health Services Soldotna, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Safety Officer/Facilities Manager
WORK WEEK: Full-time
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
This position exists to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of all PCHS facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Follow daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedule as outlined by supervisor.
- Demonstrate proper cleaning technique according to product recommendations.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrate care and respect for PCHS and staff property.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by supervisor.
- Expected to complete required trainings such as CPR, Mandt, Mental Health First Aid and any others deemed necessary for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Compliance with OSHA safety guidelines.
Education: Graduate from high school.
License: No license required
Experience: Entry level position. Prior custodial experience preferred.
Valid driver’s license, access to transportation, and automobile liability insurance for personal vehicles used to travel between PCHS facilities.
Have 3 years legal driving experience with a clean record.
Possess a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and other building systems.
Possess a basic understanding of janitorial equipment and supplies.
Must be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office Products and be able to type 25 wpm.
Expected to read and respond timely to emails via Outlook.
Must pass a State required background check and a pre-hire drug screen.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate equipment.
- May be occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Treat all co-workers and patients with dignity and respect.
- Project a professional manner and image.
- Adhere to ethical principles.
- Communicate professionally & effectively – focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS including the Employee Manual.
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS.
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Expected to bring your best work and attitude to PCHS.
- Expected to Assume Good Intent towards fellow employees.
- Expected to handle complaints and grievances professionally, adhering to the employee manual and to uphold employee core values.
Does not supervise any other employees.
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an "at will employment" policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it's employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it's employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
By submitting this form I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.
I agree to any pre-hire testing PCHS requires.
I am aware of and agree to a background check required by the Alaska Background Check Program and pre-hire drug screen. I acknowledge that I must clear both before a formal offer can be made by PCHS.
Powered by JazzHR