LCSW/Behavioral Health Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
With a mission of "Strengthening our community by providing accessible and affordable healthcare", we are a non-profit, family practice Federally Qualified Health Center treating the whole patient with medical, dental, eye care, and behavioral health services. Our main office is located in Soldotna, AK, where the beautiful Kenai River flows through the middle of town, drawing thousands of visitors each summer, to catch world-class salmon and to enjoy the outdoors.
- Sign on bonus
- AK licensure reimbursement
- Medical & dental insurance
- Floating holiday
- CE time off and funds
- Life, AD&D and long/short term disability
- Access to NHSC and State of AK SHARP loan repayment program.
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
The LCSW/Behavioral Health Consultant, as part of the primary care treatment team, identifies, triages and manages patients with medical and psychiatric problems within the primary care setting. In addition, the LCSW will provide skill training through psycho-education and patient education strategies and will develop specific behavioral change plans for patients and protocols for target populations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Formulate behavioral health interventions appropriate to a primary care setting and assist with implementation and monitoring of treatment plans.
- Assist primary health care providers in recognizing and treating mental disorders and psychosocial problems.
- Work as team with providers to coordinate care for patients.
- Assess the clinical status of patients referred by primary care providers through brief consultative contacts.
- Work with primary care team to triage patients and provide referrals to specialty care behavioral health as appropriate.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist in preventing relapse or morbidity in conditions that tend to recur over time.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Provide targeted assessments and evaluations, including diagnostic impressions and the utilization of screening tools.
- Provide timely and succinct feedback regarding consultation findings and recommendations.
- As a Health Coach, provide immediate high-quality behavioral health services to new and existing patients in the medical clinic through coordination with medical providers using modalities such as motivational interviewing following an "always available, always interruptible" workflow.
Education: Masters of Social Work from an accredited graduate school of social work.
License: Maintain a current, active license with the State of Alaska as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Experience: Must possess specialized experience which involves using psychological assessments, formulating diagnosis or treatment recommendations and providing counseling services to patients.
Vaccine: Must show proof of Covid vaccine due to Federal Mandate unless legally exempt.
Must pass State required background check and pre-hire drug test.
Contact: Patty Eissler, Chief HR Officer, email@example.com or 907-260-5017
PCHS is an equal opportunity employer and ADA compliant agency.
Powered by JazzHR
Peninsula Community Health Services of Alaska
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?