Nurse Practitioner/ Physicians Assistant
Peninsula Allergy & Asthma Associat Georgetown, DE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nurse Practitioner /Physicians Assistant
Provides primary or specialty health care services within defined scope of practice in collaboration with a licensed physician and in accordance with Peninsula Allergy and Asthma’s policies and procedures.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) works as part of a multidisciplinary health care team, providing a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients.
• Performs comprehensive histories and physical exams, identifies normal and abnormal findings, including physical, cognitive and psychosocial status.
• Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests.
• Develops pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment plans.
• Monitors effectiveness of plan of care.
• Educates patients on disease and treatment plans.
• Performs procedures as trained and appropriately credentialed.
• Documents within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and
completes other necessary documents.
• Collaborates and/or consults with physicians and other health care
providers as appropriate.
• Educates, counsels, and assists patients and families regarding
current health problems, health maintenance activities and preventive
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will assess and treat the acute and chronic health care needs of both children and adults within the practice, and provide instruction (both formal and informal) to patients, parents, students, nurses, and other health care professionals.
Support physician and/or section research activities and quality improvement initiatives. Scheduling flexibility & travel to all offices within the practice is required to provide for an appropriate level of patient care coverage. The APP will have a strong foundation in evidence based practice and ensure an environment of safe quality care.
Full time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant Master’s Degree or higher preferred
• 2 years experience as a PA/ NP is preferred.
• Relevant work experience in areas of critical care, pulmonary or
complex care populations also preferred but not required.
• Previous asthma, allergy, immunology experience preferred but not
• Experience with both Adult and Pediatric patients preferred
Certifications / Licenses
(Must be current and maintained)
• National Certification as Advance Practice Nurse
• DE/MD Nurse Practitioner
• DE/ MD Physician Assistant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and attentiveness to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly and logically both verbally and in
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
audiences clearly and concisely
Full Time M-Thr 9a-5p, F 9a-2p
Rotation between Lewes, Georgetown, Salisbury and future expansion offices.
Benefits after 90 days of employment: Negotiable vacation and sick
Medical, vision, dental
Flexible spending STD
Peninsula Allergy & Asthma AssociatWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Great benefits, and lots of room for Growth!
Growing Allergy and Asthma practice covering the beautiful beach areas of the Delaware and Maryland peninsula.