Human Resources Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Penick Village Southern Pines, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Penick Village Continuing Care Life Plan community is seeking a Human Resources Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join our team.
The Human Resources Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the activities relating to the company payroll, benefits and HRIS processing including developing, implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). The individual will be the company's subject matter expert with all payroll, benefits and HRIS. administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process payroll for hourly, and salaried, employees; including reviewing and
importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information,
- administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources team to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
- Evaluate and implement payroll/HRIS systems upgrades and changes.
- Prepare quarterly tax credit reports and submit to third party vendor.
- Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
- Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations.
- Coordinates and conducts the new employee on boarding process and presents benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Plans and administers annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Plans, conducts and reports results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with Accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 403b, etc.).
- Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintains contact with employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Coordinate with third party administrator to manage disability claims according to the plan.
- Administers online COBRA enrollments/changes and responds to and manages unemployment claims.
- Maintains complete electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files.
- Coordinates pre-employment paperwork and processes.
- Prepares statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information,
- Assists to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Generates files/reports such as the EEO1/Vets 100, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Recommends business process improvements having an HRIS component.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities are required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required.
- Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices,
- benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems.
- Experience with iSolvedHCM a plus.
AddressSouthern Pines, NC
BusinessView all jobs at Penick Village