- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Penguin Home Solutions is a company rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism and excellence. We were recently ranked #21 on the Inc. 5000 list as the fastest growing company in the US! Our motivated team of professional and dedicated associates are striving to be the leaders in our industry, providing the highest quality services in a timely, efficient manner.
Penguin Home Solutions is currently searching for a Solar Electrician for our service team in Northern
California. The Solar Electrician's primary responsibility is to support Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
activities by providing quick response to maintain the performance of the solar systems (principally battery systems), delivering excellent customer service to our customers and ensuring a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems. The Electrician uses troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair solar systems at our customer residences, which includes rooftop work on systems. You must have a current and valid Driver's License with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate systems accurately for maintenance, warranty repairs, design and other purposes; diagnoses and repairs solar and storage systems and electrical components
- Completes quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within defined timelines
- Submits service reports immediately following work order completion
- Collaborates closely with manufacturers and internal teams to resolve technical issues
- Identifies solutions to resolve technical design problems, including electrical systems used during construction
- Provides training to service staff on system operation, how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
- Develops and uses knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs
- Develops positive and professional relationships with dealers and service-only providers in assigned service area
Qualifications & Experience
- Journeyman Electrical License required or near completion preferred
- ET Card holder
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an electrician and 1+ years of experience as solar maintenance technician
- Current valid Driver's license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Very strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to sit, stand and walk, and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
- Work postures include reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulder
- Must be comfortable working in many different environments
- Must be willing to travel for some projects; overnight travel estimated up to 50%
High school diploma or equivalent
EEO Employer - M/F/D/V
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Penguin Home Solutions
Get fresh Work From Home Electrician Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.