- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The Manufacturing Engineer evaluates and improves manufacturing and warehousing methods, utilizing lean tools and concepts applied to product design, materials, parts, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. This position requires some travel and offers the potential for development, including domestics or international job rotation, and to a management level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Champion Lean Manufacturing culture in the production and lab areas
· Develops, maintains and trains on manufacturing work instructions utilized across production, assembly, and material handling of all product models, production lines, and warehouse activities
· Develop and maintain material and information process maps for the internal and external supply chain
· Leads manufacturing and operational cost savings initiatives and kaizens with support of other departments such as manufacturing, engineering, continuous improvement, sales, and others as required
· Acts as a liaison between Engineering and Operations, and serves as the leader to resolve any challenges that arise in the manufacturing process
· Optimize work center layout, space requirements, material flow and process to improve productivity and eliminate waste
· Works with R&D on new product development, ensuring completeness and manufacturability of bills of materials, manufacturing routings, as well as training production staff on new processes utilizing newly created or existing work instructions
· Provide daily tactical support to Manufacturing, Warehouse, and other operational functions related to the shop floor through continuous monitoring, interaction, and direct support request
· Works with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient and repeatable production methods
· Works with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
· Support new material set up, by creating as well as updating existing production related master data such as routings and work center setup/design
Education, Experience & Skills
· Two+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical engineering preferred. Experience in electronics manufacturing is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with SAP (BOM, Routing, Material Master Data) highly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment using consensus building to achieve a desired result
· Demonstrated ability to work cross functionality as required through self-motivation and understanding of End to End process implications
· Ability to create and analyze processes including development & monitoring of performance metrics associated with those processes
· Knowledge of manufacturing, warehousing, and other supporting supply chain processes
· Experience with Value Stream Maps preferred
· Familiarity with ISO 9001 and 13483 a plus
· Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office based programs
This positon is based in Princeton, NJ and will work in an office environment with moderate noise, while sitting at a computer for extended periods.
This position is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer.
This position will travel ~10% to company and non-company locations within North America, Europe, and Asia.
Innovation is at the core of all pharmaceutical, biopharma and bioprocess applications. With extensive experience in the biopharmaceutical industry — and particular expertise in single-use bio-pharmaceutical equipment — PendoTECH delivers a line of pressure sensors, control systems and software for measuring, monitoring and data collection in bioprocess applications and other areas where the products provide a unique process solution. We offer a great compensation and benefits package, and a small company work environment.
3490 US-1 NPrinceton, NJ