Philanthropy Coordinator - Grants
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Philanthropy Coordinator – Grants (PC) will prepare, write, and submit grant proposals to support PP programs and initiatives. The PC is responsible for full management of the grant cycle from pre-award through submission, researching grant prospects, data collection and reporting, and providing comprehensive grant management and administration. In collaboration with the Director of Philanthropy (DOP), the PC will coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Pendleton Place’s grant funding is sustainable and responsibly managed. This position will also provide general support for fundraising, donor retention, stewardship, volunteers, events, and community outreach as assigned by the DOP or Executive Director (ED).
Essential Functions of Position
- Serve as part of a two-person grant writing team, developing grant content with direct support from the agency’s subject matter experts
- Manage and maintain the grants calendar to ensure deadlines are met and regularly update the grant tracking spreadsheet/database
- Coordinate grant preparation, grant management, grant tracking, and grant reporting with the administrative department (including finance) and designated program staff
- Manage deadlines, grant progress milestones, and final reports and serve as a liaison for these processes to funders
- Conduct research for new and future grant opportunities
- Attend grant announcement meetings, respond to funding requests for proposals (RFPs), participate in open question periods, and follow pertinent legislation that leads to funding opportunities
General Resource Development Support
- Actively support the Philanthropy Department’s overall efforts to reach fundraising and revenue goals, including attendance at events as assigned by the DOP or ED.
- Provide general support for donor engagement and retention efforts
- Provide as needed support for all public relations efforts including but not limited to print materials, social media, newsletters, and website updates.
- Support community outreach activities through tours or speaking engagements
- Actively participate on staff committees and in staff meetings as necessary and appropriate
- Assist the DOP and ED in other fundraising efforts and support tasks as necessary
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university; a 2-year degree with a minimum of 5 years related work experience may substitute
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent time management and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to travel within designated area
- Must be able to occasionally attend after-hours presentations and/or work on weekends
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with team members
- Possess valid South Carolina driver’s license
- Satisfactory criminal history check, driving record, fingerprint, and background check including the Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry, Sex Offenders Registry, and Motor Vehicle Department
- Evidence of successful grant writing and grant management skills
- Evidence of successful management of business communications
- Experience in the nonprofit sector
- Familiarity with child welfare/youth services/human service programs, and applicable local, state, federal, and private revenue streams.
Since 1975, Pendleton Place (PP) has been a place of safety and comfort for children and youth experiencing trauma. PP is committed to innovative approaches that will establish communities where children are safe, families are strong, and victims become whole again. We help children, youth, and families through a focus on residential adolescent and young adult care, supportive community services for at-risk families, an array of youth homelessness services, and comprehensive assessment for children and families involved with the child welfare system.
1133 Pendleton StreetGreenville, SC
Non ProfitView all jobs at Pendleton Place