Pen Del is seeking motivated applicants for the role of Director of Building Operations. This position oversees all maintenance and construction activities of the company, and is responsible for the upkeep and improvement of our properties. This is a management level position, and requires extensive knowledge of construction and building systems.
Our Director of Building Operations will be required to:
- Supervise tenant improvements.
- Negotiate all contracts related to building maintenance, maintain vendor relationships and provide oversight.
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end including obtaining bids, planning the scope of work, ordering materials, and providing contractor oversight.
- Routinely visually inspect properties for any maintenance needs.
- Hire, train, and provide oversight to the maintenance team.
- Respond quickly to tenant complaints. Keep an organized log of those complaints and management’s response.
- Organize and oversee residential and commercial make readies.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills needed to correspond with residential and commercial tenants.
- Order and track maintenance supplies and appliances.
- Assist in the due diligence process of acquiring new buildings.
The following are necessary for all applicants:
- Must have 7 years experience in operations and maintenance of commercial and residential properties.
- Direct experience in building trades and management is required.
- Must have college or trade degree.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and organized.
- Must be on call 24 hours a day for building emergencies and dispatching staff.
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- Employee Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
About Pen Del:
We are a third generation Real Estate investment and management company based in Bridgeport, PA. Pen Del specializes in the purchase and management of commercial and warehouse properties in and around the Philadelphia area. Currently we have over 1 million square feet of space under management and growing.