CDL Class A Truck Drivers will transport raw materials supporting production of windows and doors and finished goods for consolidation or customers. A Class A CDL will be required for all transport. Drivers qualified to drive INTERstate miles preferred but not a requirement. Driving schedules will include day and night driving and drivers will need to be flexible to meet required delivery of raw material and finished good schedules. Compensation package will be based on a per hour basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the CDL Class A Company Fleet Driver include the following, but are not limited to:
- Deliver Pella products via tandem tractor/trailer as scheduled by Corporate Logistics Load Planning Department.
- Pick-up raw material from vendors and deliver to a Pella manufacturing facility, as-dispatched/scheduled basis.
- Clean and maintain tractor/trailer on an as-need/scheduled basis.
- Maintain E-logs(when required) or paper logs(when required) in accordance with DOT rules and regulations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Private Fleet Manager.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times.
- Attend all required safety and performance meetings.
- Drivers will frequently be home but must be willing to be away from home one (1) to two (2) days/nights at a time.
- Driver must abide by all DOT regulations and will be accountable for all CSA2010 incidents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must know how to block, brace, and secure a load.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE CDL-A COMPANY FLEET DRIVER INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Preferred-Driver must have a minimum Class A CDL drivers license and over the road driving experience with a tandom axle tractor and 53' foot trailer. Driver will provide all information as prescribed by the DOT for driving history. Driver may be required to drive for management.
- Training will be required and provided for those with minimal experience, wanting to learn the trade. A commitment to the position will be required for those wanting to proceed with training.
- Have no more than three (3) recorded moving violations within a three-year period as a driver of commercial or private vehicle.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Class A CDL drivers license.
- Knowledge and/or experience of driving in large metropolitan areas preferred.
- Must have safe driving record.
- Must be familiar with all DOT regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to document details and convey correspondence.
- Ability to interpret and understand shipment paperwork for both inbound and outbound freight.
- Ability to calculate figures to correctly complete log book requirements and understand monthly performance reports for the equipment and driver.
- Ability to read a maps and take direction.
- Must have only one valid CDL license.
- Must have current Medical Examiner's Certificate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to steer a tandem axle tractor, shift gears, depress a clutch, brake or accelerator. Ability to feel, speak aloud and hear. A driver is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. A driver must be able to occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. All sensory requirements will be tested by an approved DOT physician.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a driver encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the driver will be exposed to outside weather conditions. Noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate. The driver is confined to the cab of a truck for extended periods of time during the day or night.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.