Warehouse Supervisor - Bedford Heights, Ohio 44146
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
"Working Supervisor" Position
- Plan, direct, and oversee the day-to-day schedules for receiving, warehousing, and loading in order to complete the daily work and meet productivity goals.
- Create a positive service environment with customers, insuring strong customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate activities with outside vendors, trucking companies, Production, Pre-finish, Customer Service, Sales Reps, Installed Sales, Commercial Project Managers and Pella Corporation in order to meet customer schedules and drive customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate all movement of inventory throughout its life cycle in the warehouse, from receiving to loading, including the production and pre-finish areas.
- Monitor and improve productivity and quality of work for receiving, storage, and loading to ensure items are accounted for and can be located at all times.
- Maintain accurate reports that measure productivity in order to meet performance goals, implementing improvements as necessary.
- Insure the proper flow and storage of product in the warehouse to capitalize on handling efficiencies, manpower requirements and equipment needs.
- Manage all employee issues including recruiting, interviewing, testing, hiring, training, talent assessment, and performance management.
- Insure safe and secure storage and handling of all products, tools, and equipment.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Training
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Cell Phone
- Life Insurance
MANDATORY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Customer focused
- Process oriented
- Team building
- Results oriented
- Willing to work overtime
- Able to effectively plan work and required manpower
- Problem solving
- Flexible to meet shifting priorities and challenges
- Creative and innovative
- Drives safety in the environment, through the implementation of safe processes and develops a safety conscious work team.
- Warehouse or distribution management experience
- Implements operational workflows and work efficiencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and computer literate
- College degree/certificate or equivalent work experience
PREFERRED SUCCESS FACTORS
- Experience in management of unionized workforce.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Sets clear standards of high performance for others.
- Demonstrates a high level of character in all behavior.
- Facilitates and resolves conflict among subordinates and tea
Develop and manage relationships with existing vintage customers, vintage service representatives, senior/mid-level managers, and field service technicians in order to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and sales goals. In addition, coordinate all efforts to support sales growth objective. Assist in the development and implementation of customer service strategies that promote very satisfied customers, which improve customer relationships. Investigate and resolve all non-routine complaints. Implement Company customer service policies and business plans ensuring world-class customer satisfaction while maintaining budgetary guidelines.
- Exhibit the highest standard of personal ethics at all times, and adhere to all Gunton Corporation policies.
- Develop, plan, and schedule work assignments for all Customer Service Representatives, Service Representatives, and Technicians in order to meet performance goals and schedules. Primary focus – the customer.
- Oversee the customer support and service processes, including, but not limited to, Customer Satisfaction Rating (CSR) Strategy, confirmation process, need date management, booked unbilled, parts margin, and call activity.
- Handle difficult and major service problems that originate from the field, customers, or Service Technicians, and coordinate their conclusion with appropriate personnel.
- Communicate and implement Company policies with employees.
- Approve departmental invoices for payment within limits of authority.
- Coordinate the training of Service Representatives, Technicians, and Customer Service Representatives to improve their knowledge of product enhancements, new initiatives, and customer service techniques.
- Recruit, interview, hire, develop, train, and coach Service Representatives, Technicians, and Customer Service Representatives that support our Success Management philosophies and strive for High Performance.
- Provide technical support to all segments as required.
- Review and approve Customer Service Representative, Service Representative, Service Technician’s time cards and expense reports.
- Oversee vendor negotiations as required.
- Organize and arrange for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance for all service vehicles. Arrange and insure yearly registration/license plate updates.
- Build and manage effective relationships with internal and external customer.
Mandatory Success Factors
- Customer Service Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Delegating Skills
- Team Development Skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Computer Literate
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills
Preferred Success Factors
- Prior customer service experience
- A technical knowledge of basic construction principles and window and door industry
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Founded in 1932, Gunton Corporation is a family-owned and professionally managed privately-held company, known by the industry for our excellent reputation, representing outstanding products, providing quality service and delivering on customer satisfaction.
We have plants in the Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia metro areas.
Our company provides careers for 450 team members and is committed to incorporating innovative services, an outstanding company culture and the best industry sales professionals.
Apply today and learn about your future as a team member of Pella Windows and Doors by Gunton Corporation.
Pella Windows and Doors by Gunton Corporation, Ohio Division
26150 Richmond RoadBedford Heights, OH
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Supervisor Warehouse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.