Impact Multiple Areas in an Important Role at a Fast-Growing Industry Leader. Enjoy a Dynamic, Fast-Paced and Engaging Atmosphere at a Company Committed to Your Growth.
Summary: If you have a strong work ethic, including reliability and dependability, leadership qualities, combined with experience working in a warehouse or a similar labor-intensive role, consider joining the Pella team as a Warehouse Lead! You and your team are responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, supplies, equipment, and products within the warehouse. You’ll also pull product for deliveries and ensure the accuracy of Pella delivery completion to the customer within our time commitment, along with compliance to our quality standards. Take pride in your career with Pella and make the first step in developing your path to success!
- Interacts with Project Coordinator to locate product in the warehouse, as needed.
- Facilitates daily start-up meetings to efficiently distribute the day’s workload.
- Communicates staffing concerns and potential overtime.
- Communicates personnel related issues and concerns.
- Performs all general warehouse responsibilities as needed.
- Reads load lists, production schedules, customer or shipping instructions in order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifies load lists, and moves materials and items to storage, production, service, office or other designated areas. Drives the Pella delivery truck on assigned route if needed.
- Sorts and places warehouse materials or items on racks, shelves, pallets or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as location, order number, size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from the stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, marking the materials with identifying information.
- Notifies manager or team members of shortages, discrepancies or anticipated needs.
- Conducts product quality audits in accordance with the quality inspection process.
- Performs cycle counts to verify accuracy of inventory information. Maintains inventory records.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to verify order information, such as expected receipt date, product type, color, or quantity.
- Drives/Operates material handling equipment (i.e. cherry picker, forklift, wheeled carts, etc.) upon certification.
- Prepares parcels for mailing or third party delivery service.
- Works in a way that prevents damage to product.
- Meets company safety requirements by keeping work area neat and clean, following safety precautions and wearing required safety apparel (i.e. shoes, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides initial and ongoing training to warehouse staff.
- Provides the ability to direct employees in the absence of detailed instructions and supervision.
- Reviews production and delivery schedules and estimates work hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Maintains appropriate and accurate inventory levels ensuring on-time, complete deliveries.
- Maintains company safety and quality standards including implementation and training.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Implements measures to maintain and/or improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Assists team members as a resource for analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time, production records, and manning to relieve bottlenecks.
- Facilitates teamwork between the order fulfillment staff and fosters integration with other departments.
- Communicates company and departmental objectives.
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have High School Diploma or GED and dependable work history. Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable but not required.
- Condition of Employment: Pella Mountain West is committed to workforce diversity. Post-offer background check, drug screen and MVR required. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new team member's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be in compliance with company Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Please apply by clicking the following link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=40029&clientkey=CCBF59880263C6B6B5A20DC4BA52D47C
Equal Employment Opportunity: Pella Mountain West provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Mountain West treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella Mountain West operates may have laws protecting classifications of team members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella Mountain West also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.