Pella Products of Kansas Wichita, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
Come be a vital part of our team as an accounting clerk at a growing company that offers premier products. Responsibilities include performing general accounting duties to support the company’s accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash management functions. We employ two individuals in these roles and the duties below cover both positions. While each individual employee may be assigned to a primary role, both employees will be cross-trained to provide coverage in case of absence or to support increased work load in any particular area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Prepare assigned monthly financial reports
- Process vendor invoices for payment, including account coding and check run preparation
- Handle vendor payment inquiries and research variances in payment or invoice, including reviewing vendor statements
- Work with various other departments regarding vendor invoices and purchase orders
- Prepare customer invoices and post appropriate revenue transactions
- Support the return goods and credit memo processes to ensure accurate statements
- Produce periodic accounts receivable aging reports and customer statements
- Monitor aged receivables, perform assigned collection calls and prepare necessary collection letters
- Prepare assigned reconciliations and other supporting documents, and prepare closing entries necessary for each monthly reporting period
- Support the company’s credit program, including processing monthly statements, ordering new cards and monitoring activity to help mitigate credit card fraud.
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Other duties as may be assigned
- 2-5 years of experience working in an accounting or office environment
- Computer Skills: High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- High School Education or equivalent
- Associates Degree in accounting or related field
Job Specific Competencies:
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
- Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality, meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity.
Powered by JazzHR
Pella Products of Kansas
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Pella Products of Kansas