Trade Sales Representative, Northern VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you enjoy networking? Going from the office to a construction site? Selling a product that you know you can stand behind? If so, this position is for you!
The Trade Sales Consultant is responsible for building the Pella brand within the trade industry as their premier choice for window and door solutions. Achieve individual sales goals through a relational selling model throughout all active Pella product offerings. Provide well-rounded solutions, market expertise, and partnership by understanding customer needs and developing relationships with builders, contractors, architects, professional remodelers and trade organizations. Proactively originates new customer relationships through networking, referrals and face-to-face meetings. Help customers grow their business and offer a single point of contact for their ongoing needs. Continually strives for 100% "Very Satisfied" customers, growth as measured by market share/net sales and profitability.
Pella Mid-Atlantic is the area's leading distributor of Pella window and door products. Our products are backed with over 90 years of innovation and experience in the industry and are designed to enrich the homes and lives of others. Pella Mid-Atlantic plays a critical role in the sales, installation, scheduling, and servicing of our products in your homes, projects, and buildings, and it is an honor.
We are passionate about what we do at Pella Mid-Atlantic, and we're looking for people who share our passion – from sales to installation to accounting, and everything in between. If you are a motivated, caring, and driven individual looking for a career with a world-class company, come join us. Feel the Pella Passion!
The Trade Sales Consultant's (TSC) primary duty is outside sales within their assigned market. The TSC is required to:
- Spend significant time hunting for new trade customers as well as at customer sites generating account growth with planned quality meetings.
- Independently set their own work hours.
- Achieving individual sales and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Networking, lead and referral generation.
- Actively represent Pella at company sponsored events, professional group's invitations to discuss and/or present Pella products, trade association meetings and/or builder home shows.
- Generating sales by acquiring new customers while building loyalty within existing customer relationships.
- Responding to client concerns and applies independent decision making while striving for first-time resolution on all client problems/issues.
- Maintaining exceptional level of expertise of products/services relating to Pella's customers, as well as staying abreast of the competitive landscape.
- Striving to build strong customer relationships by engaging in a consultative sales approach to recommend the products, total solutions and consistent follow up that satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Ensuring quotes and orders are accurate following company sales procedure.
- Educating customers on manufacturer installation guidelines and measuring of openings to ensure accuracy of product ordering and applications.
- Leveraging other Pella team members/departments to assist with specific product requirements.
- Thanking clients and encourage a continuing relationship by acting as their central point of contact.
- Understanding of and adherence to the Trade Selling Process in all aspects of sales related interactions.
- Collaborating with the Operations teams to ensure successful after sale service requirements and installations.
- Interacting with Account Receivable department to address any potential billing/payment issues of customer.
- Strong CRM systems tools capabilities leveraged to managed all customer interactions and proactively communicate to customers.
- Occasionally working variable, non-traditional hours and making themselves available for customers during evenings and weekends.
- Able to develop partnerships with other businesses that serve the same customers
- Provide superb customer service and generate referrals from one customer to others
- Create a sense of trust and reliability with customers
- Skilled at relating to a variety of customers- balances poise and integrity with a service mentality
- Able to negotiate, build value and address objections towards closing a sale
- Work collaboratively with Pella team members and customers
- Enjoys working in fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Energized by meeting and engaging new people, skilled networker
- Demonstrates confidence balanced with humility
- Tenacious, able to persevere through sales challenges and setbacks
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible about hours, responsive to customer needs, willing to be available
- Excellent influencer- can sell something new, shift paradigms, convey the value proposition
- Seeks out internal experts and utilizes their knowledge
- Able to accurately read, interpret and take-off blueprints
- Adaptable to changing processes and priorities
- Works well without close supervision but always keeps their manager informed.
- Focused on details and follow through
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and smart devices, and ability to learn internal software programs and applications
Pella Mid-Atlantic performs background checks and drug screens on all candidates. We perform motor vehicle checks on all employees that drive for the company
Pella Mid-Atlantic is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
AddressTysons Corner, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Pella Mid-Atlantic