- Posted: over a month ago
Do you enjoy finishing a days work knowing you have accomplished the day? Do you enjoy physical labor while learning? Do you take pride in your work? If so, this position is for you!
Pella Mid-Atlantic is the area's leading distributor of Pella window and door products. We are hiring warehouse workers. Our products are backed with over 90 years of innovation and experience in the industry and are designed to enrich the homes and lives of others. Pella Mid-Atlantic plays a critical role in the sales, installation, scheduling, and servicing of our products in your homes, projects, and buildings, and it is an honor.
We are passionate about what we do at Pella Mid-Atlantic, and we're looking for people who share our passion – from sales to installation to accounting, and everything in between. If you are a motivated, caring, and driven individual looking for a career with a world-class company, come join us. Feel the Pella Passion!
Delivers company products to customers in a courteous manner ensuring customer satisfaction and using time management skills to efficiently complete deliveries and pick-ups. Possesses or is able to obtain a DOT card and complies with all safety regulations and policies through DOT and the company. Is able to carefully load and unload large and heavy products (windows and doors) to and from truck by hand.
* Deliver company products without deviation from the predetermined route
* Advise Delivery and Shipping Supervisor of all vehicle or delivery problems
* Inspect vehicle daily and report any deficiencies to the Shipping Supervisor
* Operate all vehicles safely and in accordance with state, local and federal DOT regulations
* Complete driver's daily log
* Complete all paperwork associated with delivery, noting discrepancies and collecting COD payment as required. Verify all COD payments are for correct date, amount and signature. (Product is not to be unloaded until payment is made.)
* Review all paperwork at the end of each shift with Outbound Warehouse Supervisor and bring any discrepancies to his/her attention
* Load trucks as scheduled, securing all products and accessories in order to eliminate shipping damage
* Unload truck at site in accordance with all company policies and procedures
* Notify appropriate personnel immediately of any and all traffic violations, accidents or injuries
* Experience driving a straight truck (GVWR < 26,000 lbs)
* Good driving Record and ability to obtain a DOT Medical Certificate required.
* Dependable and regular attendance
* Ability to load and unload large and heavy products (windows, doors, etc) by hand
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to comply with all state, local, and federal regulations
* Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Adapts changes in the work environment: Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
* Ability to read street, follow directions and have a general knowledge of the Baltimore/DC area
* Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Pella Mid-Atlantic