DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
· Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
· Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
· Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
· Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
· Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Saturday.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
· Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
· Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
· The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Class A or B CDL.
· Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified preferred.
· Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.