Summary Description: Specific duties to be performed include, but are not limited to:
· Provide expertise in the development, maintenance and enhancement of Microsoft Office applications with experience in both desktop applications server/client use so Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies (DKI APCSS) user can better utilize MS Office applications and develop enhanced workflow practices
· Provide integration of DKI APCSS Microsoft Office applications that will result in improved reporting and analysis of data and greater accessibility for users,
- Provide assistance to the Customer Service Division and coordinate with Help Desk requests to determine where assistance may be needed to better utilize the tools built into the MS Office applications and where custom tools, macros or programming may be developed.
- Conduct user training as required for all customizations, applications and programs developed.
· Coordinate with CSD Chief, Agency departments, as required, and users on all application development projects.
- Working knowledge of Sharepoint, server configuration and maintenance, backups and database maintenance site level permissions, Sharepoint specific patches and user training
- Update the content on the APCSS public Internet website as requested.
- Support weekly and monthly reporting of Sharepoint and Website status and development efforts
- Conduct peer and quality review of submitted code
· Support services to APCSS with a minimum resolution standard of 95% while being in compliance with current Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, instructions, directives, manuals, bulletins, guides, etc.
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· AA Degree in Information Technology, a Certificate of Achievement in Programming, Database Administration and Help Desk Support with at least five (5) years of related experience
· Active Secret Security Clearance
· Trained in and have working knowledge to support MS Office application suite, Adobe application suite, Windows 7, Windows XP, Office 365, and other IT equipment and software., protocols and the IT equipment and software.
· Knowledge of customer support concepts, methods and provisions; state-of-the-art IT equipment and software; approaches to networking; applications and communications interfaces
· Knowledge of and experience in the use of oral and written communication methods and techniques to accomplish continuing coordination with Center customers and conduct/participate in IT training.
· Knowledge of prevailing practices in data automation to propose alternative approaches for resolving problems with computer systems, peripherals, networks, and/or telecommunication equipment.
· Ability to define clear-cut problem areas, to gather and analyze factual data, to form and communicate conclusions and recommendations for recurring and continuing assignments of higher scope and complexity, or to provide input on a portion of a more complex project.
· Knowledge of DOD regulations governing information, operations, communications, physical and IT security
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to administration, faculty, and external facility users. Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
· Specialized experience with:
o Customizing Excel models
o Building user-friendly Excel templates for modeling and data entry.
o Writing VBA code to automate tasks within our projects.
o Salvaging problematic workbooks
o Enabling Spreadsheet models to communicate with database applications
o Developing Excel add-ins
o Refining Database systems, customizing Access applications.
o Upsizing Access databases to SQL Server.
o Customizing MS Office applications for better interface with MS Office SharePoint Server 2007/2010.
o Develop fill-able forms
o Develop paperless workflow efforts