Wanted: Exceptional Graphic Designer!
Do you want to work for David instead of Goliath, are you an entrepreneur in a designer’s body? Would you rather come to work in jeans? Does the idea of making a positive impact on the planet while being part of a high-performance team excite you?
- Are really interested in electric vehicles
- Appreciate a good debate even with your boss
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who is to blame
- Paid for your own stuff when you were a teenager
- Are excited about building empowered teams
- Have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- Believe we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children
- Work to protect and restore the environment
- Aren't afraid to make mistakes as long as we learn
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience
- Are committed to creating team dynamics that create empowerment vs. entitlement
Our Core Values:
- Commit to a culture that builds a strong COMMUNITY
- Foster CREATIVITY to inspire fresh innovation
- Embrace COURAGE by taking action despite uncertainty
- Live with Awareness and CONSCIOUSNESS of our choices
The Brand Designer supports the marketing department to achieve company goals by creating ads, retail displays, sales collateral and other needs. The role demands an individual that has exceptional design skills, ability to mentor/lead other creative team members work and upkeep of those brand standards.
- Create, follow and adapt brand standards package to follow brand growth.
- Successfully create retail support (tradeshow, in-store displays, packaging)
- Oversee and assist in creating effective ads for all online channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat)
- Oversee and design layouts for the website, including landing pages, product pages and otherwise.
- Oversee and ensure the flow of the website, user experience is on-brand
- Develop a creative brief for all product launches and partnership initiatives
- Develop creative standards and assets for the sales department through sales packages, pitch kits and otherwise as needed.
- Develop and monitor standard assets for email campaigns for product launches, promotional sales and educational pieces.
- Develop photography standards for all new products following a brand standard as created by Pela.
- Support the designer(s) on the marketing team & ensure their work is in line with the Pela brand and standards.
- Create efficient workflow, structure in the department to support the needs of Community, Product, Retail and Customer Support.
- Lead creative meetings organizing ideas and campaigns to improve the brand.
- Successfully manage all ongoing projects and deadlines through Monday.com (updating all involved when deadlines or details change).
- 3+ years of experience as a graphic designer.
- Brand packaging design an asset.
- Certificate or graduate diploma in graphic design.
- Strong proficiency InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Experience in a retail marketing environment a strong asset.
- Ability to multi-task while being meticulous, thorough and detailed.
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish, meet strict deadlines and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to lead and mentor other creative team members
- Strong organizational and planning skills with a strong ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail