Pegasus is currently seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to provide care for home bound patients in: Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, Sylmar, Pacoima, Sunland, North Hollywood, Burbank, Sun Valley, Toluca Lake. Home health care experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities/Patient Care:
- Provides skilled nursing care to clients as directed by the registered nurse and physician’s plan of care in accordance with agency policies.
- Promotes and maintains client health through teaching and appropriate rehabilitative measures under the guidance of the registered nurse who is assigned to the same case. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
- Assists clients in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of client care by assisting in planning and exchanging information with other health professionals.
- Prepares clinical progress notes and follows client care plans as developed by the registered nurse and according to agency policy.
- Assists the physician and registered nurse in performing specialized procedures for which competency has been established.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Keeps abreast of changes and trends affecting nursing care and licensed nurse functions.
- Attends client care conferences, communicates regularly with the registered nurse.
- Communicates current health status and needs of clients to appropriate health professionals.
$35 - $37
Per diem and full time (w/benefits) available.