The Amazon Fulfillment Supervisor is accountable for the safe, efficient and effective delivery of high-quality logistics services for their channel. The Supervisor is a tactical, forward planning, open-minded thinker who continuously works to develop and improve their channel through striving to deliver best-practice management, people and warehousing solutions. Reporting to the Director of Distribution this role with manage the ecommerce fulfillment out of the USA Distribution Centers (Alameda & Oakland). This position will be responsible for the Home Delivery and Amazon fulfillment operations.
- Promote safety awareness and incident prevention amongst the Brand and wider DC team
- Take proactive steps to minimize risk to team members and reduce injury frequency rates
- Display Safety Leadership through safe actions and leading by example
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace; report and investigate all safety hazards, near misses and incidents thoroughly
- Ensure Pick Accuracy to customers
- Ensure that channel is completed at 50% of next days volume
- Monitor, forecast and plan wages, labor and resources accurately and effectively using company tools (rosters, daily planners), within budget and OWR expectations
- Manage, report on and influence shift productivity rates and KPIs directly and through team
- Prepare and present KPI reports with relevant commentary to DC Manager
- Display awareness/understanding of and full accountability for Brand performance
- Monitor financial performance and make operational adjustments as required
- Develop and manage all expenses – including Labor cost KPIs - in line with budget
- Maintain allocated assets
- Manage end to end development planning; role clarity, succession & development planning and performance review & management
- Ensure compliance with all required policies, procedures and legal and/or industrial standards
- Display engaging and influential leadership to the Brand, creating and maintaining a positive Brand culture in line with Company values
- Develop effective working relationships and communication with key stakeholders
5 plus years of supervisory experience in a Logistics / Warehouse environment, or 4-7 years of experience in Peet’s Roasting Plant with a history of consistently exceeding job expectations and acting as a role model for other employees.
- Experience in Issue Resolution and Incident Investigation
- Experience using WMS and other DC systems highly desirable
- Leadership and team building skills including effective communication, engagement, performance review, setting clear expectations, delivering feedback and inspiring results
- Well developed self management techniques including a measured approach to prioritization and delegation
- Strategic, with lateral thought and insightful forward planning ability
- Proactive, displays a sense of urgency, has an eye for detail, flexible and thrives on change
- 3-5 year's experience in E commerce Logistics / Distribution FMCG’s or Retail industry.
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement and quality methodologies (i.e. lean, six-sigma); green or black belt certified a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of a P&L (income statement) and ability to identify drivers of cost and improvement opportunities.
- Experience in a logistics / distribution business highly desirable, preferably in the retail or FMCG industries
- Formal qualifications in logistics and/or management desirable
- Professional development in leadership desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power point)
- WMS – D365 preferable
- Due to the changing operational demands and seasonal peaks of a retail business, there may be a need for you to work outside of standard operating hours when necessary, which may include work on weekends and public holidays
- Must have the ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds at a time
- Sitting for long periods of time in an open and creative office environment
- Must be physically capable of walking and standing for long periods on surfaces not necessarily friendly to the legs and back
Peet’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about our craft and who we are please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We seek to offer the best coffees & teas in the world, without compromise. And believe that meticulous selectivity, artisan roasting, and our commitment to freshness make the difference you can taste. We still follow the traditional artisan practices that Alfred Peet introduced in Berkeley, CA in 1966. This is an incredible opportunity to join and help shape the voice of a strong passion brand!
Why Work Here?Peet’s Coffee has entered an extremely exciting time of expansion and growth through new stores, new markets, in grocery, home delivery, digital platforms, and the evolution of our brand. While our enthusiastic customers have always been at the core of our mission, we also strive to welcome more people to the Peet’s world of artisan coffee & tea. We seek to offer the best coffees & teas in the world, without compromise. And believe that meticulous selectivity, artisan roasting, and our commitment to freshness make the difference you can taste. We still follow the traditional artisan practices that Alfred Peet introduced in Berkeley, CA in 1966. This is an incredible opportunity to join and help shape the voice of a strong passion brand!
Peet’s Coffee has entered an extremely exciting time of expansion and growth!