Quality Assurance Technician - 8:00pm-4:30am shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
The QA technician reports to the QA Manager. The QA technician implements and monitors quality assurance programs to assure that quality, safety and regulatory compliance standards are met for Peet’s products. The QA technician is responsible for ensuring the timely flow of samples and information through the product quality evaluation process, overseeing the non-conforming product program and producing and maintaining accurate documentation and feedback procedures.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs testing and analysis twice per shift on all production lines, conducted under the supervision of QA Sr. Technicians / Technicians.
- Assists Quality team in monthly audits of plant operations, including but not limited to food safety audits and glass and brittle plastic audits.
- Assists in non-conforming product program, ensuring accurate documentation and reporting results to QA Manager
- Assists in maintenance of Quality Assurance lab according to cleanliness standards.
- Helps develop and ensure a pleasant and productive work environment.
- Ensures department tasks are done accurately and in a safe, timely fashion.
- Completes departmental housekeeping to ensure compliance with internal as well as food safety standards.
- Ensures safety and sanitation standards are always met through compliance with plant Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Other testing as directed by the QA Manager.
- Two years of quality assurance or manufacturing experience, or a combination of both.
- Some familiarity with third party audit functions including Organic Certification, AIB or similar audit groups, and or Kosher Certification.
- Training in root cause or Why-Why analysis.
- Training in statistical process control (SPC)
- Education: College degree in food science or related preferred
Peet's CoffeeWhy Work Here?
Peet’s Coffee has entered an extremely exciting time of expansion and growth!
Since 1966, we have remained dedicated to the passionate pursuit of truly distinctive quality in the cup, and everything it takes to get there. We are committed to the artisan practice of extraordinary selectivity, roasting by hand in small batches, and ensuring that every bean is meticulously fresh. Simply put, our core belief of uncompromising quality coffees and teas is the inspiration that drives everything we do.
2001 Harbor Bay PkwyAlameda, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Peet's Coffee