Reporting to the Production Planning Assistant Manager, the Production Scheduler organizes production appropriate volumes of work for work centers to meet demand and quality standards, and ensures goods are produced on time in the appropriate quantity for distribution. The production scheduler understands production procedures and ways to optimize them. They are organized and results driven with great problem solving skills to resolve demand and scheduled capacity conflicts. Advanced communication and computer skills are imperative.
The Production Scheduler works with planned and actual demand, and inventory strategies for all managed items and uses knowledge of lead times and performance capabilities to issue work on a timely basis to ensure availability. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-effective flow of our production operations.
- Create daily Production Schedule to meet demand and maintain efficiency within each department and maintain freshness and quality product. Responsible for ongoing development of production and material schedules and priorities that support strategies for Sales, inventory levels and availability of equipment/labor/materials capacity utilization.
- Maintain metrics that track product flow.
- Track daily actual versus planned performance reporting. Understand explanations of failures to execute production plan. Determine if and what action is required to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicate schedule changes, special production runs, and maintenance requirements, etc that effect future production plans to Work Teams and Operations. Interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service.
- Drive planning and capacity management process improvements.
- Improve the efficiencies within the planning organization.
- Utilize and maintain capacity planning reports describing current status, trends, and scenarios.
- Evaluation, analysis, and recommendation of enhancements to existing resources and processes to increase throughput.
- Ensure that schedule related data from suppliers, production, and maintenance is provided as feedback into the planning and scheduling systems.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency.
- Maintains item inventory strategy based on business criticality, forecast accuracy, required service level (availability), lead times, Min/Max levels, and EOQs.
- Ensures the appropriate inventory is ordered on time and is of the appropriate volume. The buying function may also include expediting or de-expediting material as needed.
- Contact suppliers, and places orders, complete purchase orders and submit to suppliers in response to product requirements.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers.
- 2-5 years of Planning and Scheduling experience.
- 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Candidate must possess written and verbal communication proficiency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience performing capacity planning, including trend forecasting.
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability.
- Must be a team player with collaboration skills.
- Excellent MS office skills.
- Knowledge of MRP methodologies.
- Experience with various ERP/MRP software.
- Proficient Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
- Shares Peets values and culture.
Peet’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about our craft and who we are please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!