Acts as liaison between Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing during the product development cycle. Also, supports the day to day improvements in our manufacturing environment and with our local and Asian suppliers. Helps through the means of improvement activities on efficiencies, automation, and bottom line cost savings assuring sound quality control principles are created and put in place. Deeply involved with new product designs and product launches assuring manufacturing capabilities are sufficient and able to produce highly efficient results consistently. Works extensively in a team environment on producing control plans for key products and components for our manufactured goods both internally and through suppliers. Works on fixtures, tools, and or dies to improve their consistency or to also control or measure their performance.
• Associates Degree or higher degree a plus
• ASQ Certified Eng. Or Tech. a plus • Tool and Die certificates and training a plus
• Engineering certificates and training a plus Experience:
• 10 + year of Hands on Quality Control/Manufacturing Engineering experience within the metal fabrication industry. Supervision and leadership of leading and participating in formal programs of improvement, corrective, manufacturing environments. This also would entail working heavily with many engineering disciplines internally and or external with Suppliers. Asian manufacturing experience a strong plus.
• Effective writing & communication skills
• Good computer skills (MSOffice)
• Good fundamental use of Formal QA principles
• Formal use of Root Cause Analysis Tools and their application
• Strong Leadership abilities • Self starter and highly motivated Team Player
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF WORK:
• Participates and supports maintaining our ISO 9001 Quality System.
• Updates and or writes process documents and work instructions to support work duties.
• Conducts Supplier Audits at multiple locations
• Leads Corrective and Preventive action programs on the shop floor and also at those of suppliers. Identifies improvement opportunities throughout the organization and also with key suppliers
• Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures. • Identifies inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
• Writes Control Plans both for internal processes and also supplier components as required
• Collaborates with management from Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality to evaluate and assess personnel needs and requirements, assists in recruiting and training of technical personnel.
• Collaborates with management from Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality to establish design and manufacturing methods, policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Management to set strategic direction.
• Evaluates the manufacturing operation and processes, identifies and champions programs and initiatives that lead to efficiency gains.
• Evaluates, suggests and implements adjustments to the organization's design, manufacturing and quality plan’s.
• Supervises workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure proper use of sound inspection and blueprint practices.
• Reviews and identifies fixtures, tools and gauges to help in the control of products and or process’s within our manufacturing operation and at our suppliers
• Use SPC for internal application and also with external suppliers and interpret the results and give directions based on those results
• Works with vendors to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use.
• Perform gauge R & R studies when necessary in accessing measurement methods and application.
• Perform Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA) when necessary and give direction and or lead efforts with those results.
• Lead and give direction for formal PPAP program on supplier parts up to and including validation
• Ability to create and identify key metrics for specific internal and external (suppliers) area’s.
• Other duties as assigned