Job Located in Louisville, KY.
About Pediatric Psychological Associates, PLLC:
Pediatric Psychological Associates (PPA), a premier private practice on the east side of Louisville, Kentucky announces openings for Licensed Psychologists or Post-Doctoral Fellows working exclusively with children, teens and families. PPA is a well established practice founded in 2006 and continues to grow, now housing 7 Child Psychologists with a constant waiting list of clients.
We offer a full range of services including therapy for emotional, behavioral and developmental issues, including anxiety disorders, autism, ADHD, depression and mood disorders, trauma, coping with medical conditions, oppositional defiance and other challenges children and families are facing. In addition, we conduct comprehensive psychological testing to assess for ADHD, specific learning disorders in the areas of reading, writing & math, autism spectrum disorder, developmental delay and cognitive & adaptive functioning following various medical diagnoses and treatments..
Key Job Benefits:
- Full-time position with scheduling flexibility.
- Compensation based on competitive rates for the services you provide.
- Doctors are paid on hours billed not collected so no need to worry about insurance problems.
- Yearly bonus opportunity.
- Relocation allowance.
- Medical, dental & life insurance plans offered.
- Professional Liability/Malpractice insurance provided.
- Paid vacation time after 1 year of employment.
- Office staff handles scheduling, insurance and billing.
- Unique office environment designed to increase the comfort of children and teens.
- Prime office location near medical offices and hospitals.
- Conduct thorough psychosocial intakes with children, teens, and parents to gather key information regarding the child’s developmental background history to assist in making an accurate diagnosis and creating a personalized treatment plan.
- Develop an in-depth and ongoing understanding of the issues the child is facing, including the family environment and its impact on the treatment plan.
- Provide developmentally appropriate, cognitive behavioral and related therapies to assist in meeting the goals set forth in the treatment plan to ultimately help the child in overcoming the identified problems.
- Collaborate with pediatricians, school staff, and other healthcare practitioners to develop and monitor treatment goals and ways to apply new skills in the child’s natural environment.
- Work closely with parents to oversee the accomplishment of the goals, solutions, and overall success of the treatment plan being implemented.
- Conduct psychological testing and assessments to create a strong foundation for making sound, objective decisions about what is best for the child.
- Provide efficient and timely documentation of therapy and other services utilizing electronic medical records.
- Encourage and promote collaborative relationships with other PPA child psychologists and staff.
- Apply excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills in working with children and families.
Doctorate (PhD or PsyD) in Psychology.
Prefer candidates with a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or School Psychology with a focus on children.
Must have completed Pre-Doctoral Internship training.
Licensed Psychologist (Doctoral Level).
Post Doctoral Fellows who are working towards hours for licensure in Kentucky with interest in staying at PPA following licensure.