Pediatric Management Group, and Children's Hospital Los Angeles Medical Group, a 600+ physician academic practice affiliated with Children's Hospital Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced Support Services Manager. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of Medical Billing and Support Service Staff.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Billing Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising the billing staff to provide optimum billing operations in accordance with PMG procedures, goals and standards; also serves as a liaison between the billers and the Director, to include communication with appropriate physicians, office managers and staff; performs analysis utilizing knowledge of A/R systems, and billing procedures to reduce denials; identifies necessary billing procedures and adjustments, ensures maximum production output, and prepares other reports and projects as requested from the Director.
Job Qualifications: Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
Knowledge of billing regulations at the federal, state, county, city and private payer levels; organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives. Knowledge of medical records and systems. Knowledge of human resources management practices. Skill in planning, organizing and supervising. Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving in the positive approach, and decision-making. Skill in gathering and analyzing data, and researching, preparing & presenting comprehensive reports. Ability to work effectively with staff and management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- At least five (5) years management and physician billing experience in a medical group, hospital or payor preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of computer system usage related to account management required.
- Strong understanding of insurance billing and collection requirements required.
- Familiarity with CPT-4 and ICD-10 coding, charge entry, and payment posting functions required.
- Knowledge of procedures and data flow (i.e., data pertinent to treatment authorization, services, patient demographics and insurance) through a health care organization required.
- Competence in using PC-based spreadsheet and word processing applications required.
- Familiarity with capitation required.
- Good leadership skills with a team oriented approach.
The position offers experience commensurate salary, an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, subsidized public transportation, and close proximity to the MTA station.