We take our work seriously. That’s because our work matters. We see lives changed on a daily basis and that motivates us to work even harder.
We also take family seriously. While we’re at work, we focus on work. But when we go home, we focus entirely on our families. That’s because we value family time as much as you do.
This focus on intentionally being where you are throughout your week is what makes our practice one of the Best Places to Work in Williamson County.
Our pediatric practice is looking for a highly motivated, driven, and enthusiastic dental assistants to work with our current existing awesome team. Our team environment is fun and fast-paced. We’re passionate about growing personally and professionally—and pushing the limits of WOWing our parents and patients is the everyday norm. In this position, you’ll be able to expand your professional skills and sharpen your assisting abilities. But the really cool part is doing work that matters. What we do changes lives!
If you’re looking for a career with a purpose, keep reading.
Our dental assistants provide support to the office and is responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
What Winning in This Role Looks Like:
• Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
• Guide parents and patients through PDC process before treatment
• Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
• Prepare patient for examination and treatment
• Take x-rays and save to patient charts
• Responsible for the operational readiness of the operatory rooms
• Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
• Clean chairs and rooms
• Assist professional dental staff with treatment:
• Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
• Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
• Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
Education, Training and/or Experience
Graduation from a senior high school
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• High focus on customer service and satisfaction
• Must love working with children
• Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
• Integrity, always doing the right thing
• Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
• Attention to detail
• Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
• Professional manner and appearance at all times
• Computer skills: Computer literate
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
X-ray certification, certified dental assistant credentials may be required for specific positions.
• One year office experience in a dentist's or physician's office
• Experience with children's dentistry
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
• 401(k) match on first 3%
• Seasonal Scrubs provided. So no more worrying about what to wear to work.
• Ongoing personal and professional development training by the best in the industry
• Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary