Echo Tech - Pediatric Sonographer
Job Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE, USA
Pediatric Cardiology is a pediatric cardiology practice serving Annapolis and the Eastern Shore, Maryland as well as Delaware. We provide cardiac care of the fetus, newborns, children and adults with congenital heart disease. Looking for full time Echo Tech for our Salisbury and Delaware offices. Monday-Friday, full benefits, Salary depending on experience.
General Summary Statement:
- The Echocardiographer performs all Echocardiogram and Dopplers which result in successful reading. Perform other departmental testing, such as EKG, Holter Monitor and Event monitor placement as needed, following departmental protocols.
- The staff member demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development for all age groups with special emphasis on pediatrics. The staff member must evidence the ability to apply these principles when selecting equipment, performing tests, and interacting with clients and their families
- Graduate from an accredited cardiac sonography program with a minimum of 1-year cardiac sonographer experience.
- Must be a Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (Adult and/or Pediatric-Pediatric preferred; or be registry eligible and obtain registry)
- Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. -Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.
- Must be flexible,
- Minimum 1-year practicing as a Cardiac sonographer with knowledge of congenital heart disease. Pediatric sonographer experience preferred, but willing to train motivated individual.
- Must hold certification in echocardiography, (pediatric certification not required but expected to be obtained)
- Interest in fetal echo cardiogram desired.
- Performs all facets of cardiac ultrasound testing for the non-invasive pediatric laboratory of Cardiology Services, including two-dimensional, spectral and color doppler, participation in fetal echocardiography required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pediatric cardiac ultrasound exams (TTE) following a set protocol according to guidelines and standards set by Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) and the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE).
- Demonstrates the correct use of the controls to enhance the image quality to optimize visualization of all structures.
- Accurately perform all necessary calculations needed for diagnosis of cardiovascular abnormalities, have a clear understanding of all disease states.
- Explain the procedure to the patient in a clear and concise manner so that patient fully understands. Able to maintain a calm demeanor during all phases of exams.
- Able to assist the physician with software programs on the Ultrasound systems for trouble shooting or selecting images at the end of exams.
- Demonstrate the ability to access the electronic patient log (pre and post exam)-enter the appropriate information for the correct patient and type of exam. Enters all pertinent data.
- Properly cleans the TEE probe following the procedure according to lab protocol.
- Maintains and cleans laboratory and ultrasound equipment on a daily basis or as needed.
- Makes sure adequate supplies are kept.