The responsibility of the Teller/Customer Service Representative is to provide high quality service to all Pedestal Bank customers. Promote and sell banking products, provide optimum customer service, and perform related duties as required to achieve branch goals. Cross sell bank services and refer customers to appropriate bank representatives as required and assist manager with consumer loan applications and loan processing as needed.
- Open checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other deposit product services at the customer’s request
- Explain the banking products, services, benefits, changes, restrictions, and requirements to existing and prospective customers and formulates marketing approach to identify customer financial needs
- Cross-sell and make referrals to generate new and additional services, promote bank products, and further establish business relationships
- Greet customers to provide high quality service and to identify customer needs, assist customers with banking needs and handle a wide variety of customer problems either through direct personal action or referral to the appropriate bank representative
- Implement and monitor operational procedures that are in accordance with overall bank and operating objectives
- Assists Branch Manager with loan support including: taking loan applications for retail/consumer loans past due collections, loan maturity paperwork, and clearing loan exceptions
- Receive, research, and answer customer inquiries regarding accounts, loans, billing inquires, products, rates, and services provided by the bank
- Handle customer inquiries, check orders, credit card referrals, name and address changes and other mail requests received within the bank
- Accept wire transfers and forward the information to applicable area for processing.
- Periodic monitoring of daily transactions including NSF, OD, etc… and takes appropriate action within authority to maintain operations within established guidelines
- Remains current on emergency and security procedures and continuously pays close attention to customers, visitors and unusual and suspicious activities in the banking office
- Processes all job functions in accordance with the teller policies and procedures manual.
- Removes individual teller cash supply from main vault and sets up station for service.
- Receives cash, checks, installment loan payments, drafts, savings deposits, checking deposits, credit card payments or any other applicable customer transactions.
- Disburses cash for checks, money orders, cashier checks, savings withdrawals, credit cards, etc. in accordance with Bank policy. Verifies identification, check dates, endorsements, numerical and written amounts (for agreement), and other pertinent data.
- Processes the night depository and ATM deposits as directed.
- Balances cash advance and ATM machines.
- Balances branch capture work.
- Maintains the minimum amount of working cash, turns in the excess, maintains security of the window. Maintaining the window security includes, but is not limited to, locking cash drawer, coin vaults, and security keys when away from the teller station.
- Secures all applicable cash records and all other transaction records, supplies, and computer equipment at the end of the work day.
- Ensures that all bank logs are appropriately completed and dual control properly documented on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all teller workstations are kept in a neat and orderly manner.
- Alerts the Senior Teller or Managers about any suspected fraud, kiting, theft or other illegal activity.
- Offers back-up support to other banking office personnel as assigned by the Managers.
- Assists/trains the less experienced tellers on an as-needed basis.
- Supports and/or fills Senior Teller positions as needed.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for acting in accordance with all required Bank Security Act (BSA) reporting and compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must have the ability to work efficiently in a multitasking, high volume environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail banking experience preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
REASONING SKILLS: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to problem solve in standardized situations.
PERSONAL APPEARANCE: In compliance with Employee Handbook
TRAVEL: Occasional travel
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week- must be able to work during banking hours, including some Saturdays. Overtime may be required.
*Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled*